Matrix vs micro question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

Matrix vs micro question

Post by confederate »

I am planning on upgrading my Excalibur after 10 years shooting an Exocet 175. I am waiting till after the first of the year just to see what excalibur comes out with. I was able to look at and cock a matrix 330 last week and I really like it. It was just as easy to cock as my 175 Exocet. It was really compact and that's what Im looking to change. They did not have a micro I could look at, and though the draw weight is probably way more than I would consider I was curious about the size and limb width versus the matrix 330. What's the difference in inches between the two ?
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
vixenmaster

Re: Matrix vs micro question

Post by vixenmaster »

Matrix models are about 5" wider than the Micro's
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You can pick up a Matrix 330, or any other model on the trading post for a reasonable price right now. The 330 will perform very closely to the Micro, and be easier to cock. Either one will be a great upgrade to the old wide model! My neighbor hangs around here a bit, and used to handle, and shoot my Vortex, then I got the 355, and he loved it, then the Micro, you see where I'm heading?? I will say this however. If you do most of your hunting in a tree stand, the Micro would be the better choice. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

If speed isn't what turns your crank, I'd go with a Micro. I've shot mine a bunch, and cocking hasn't been a problem even on extended range sessions.
Bowshott

Post by Bowshott »

How is noise of the micro compared to matrix?
'12 Excal Vortex
2219 XX75 Magnums
125 Slicktricks
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Bowshott wrote:How is noise of the micro compared to matrix?
Less noise.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The 355 Matrix is just a bit louder between my two. I use whiskered strings however.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
confederate

Post by confederate »

Wow I thought the matrix was compact. If the Micro is 5 inches narrower That is some compact Crossbow ! If I can find one to cock I would like to see how it feels. It has to be a lot tougher at 270 lbs. The 330 was a breeze to cock. I aint getting any younger and have to think about whether I would be able to cock it in years to come. I dont care to use a C2 crank. Just not my cup of tea.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

I recommend that you find a Micro that you can try out. It is indeed a pleasure to hold and shoot. You will be impressed.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls