Older Axiom question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crunch

Older Axiom question

Post by Crunch »

I heard somewhere that the early Axioms had a steel rail. Is this true? If so, how would I identify these models?
Been away for a LONG time. Time to get back in the game.
Thanks
bubba

Re: Older Axiom question

Post by bubba »

It is simple take the ring off your hand and give the rail a tap... That's all it would take for me..The sound of metal vs smf or plastic is very clear............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Early ones were anodized aluminum, later one have the SMF rail. Easy to tell by looking if it's black plastic or aluminum. Both work well. They haven't had much in way of problems with SMF rails. Both are nice bows.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I had an Ibex SMF, loved it, no issues and pretty light too.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

Thanks guys. Could be an inexpensive way to get going again. I wondered about long term durability.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Since the Matrix, and now Micro bows have come out prices for the older Exo series bows have come way down. What ever model you decide on, if you watch the Internet, you can find a bargain. A Brown Vixen sold recently on eBay for 275.00!!! And Amazon had Exomax's for less than 400.00! A new , 350fps bow for less than 400.00! There are some real bargains if you will be patient. Good luck and welcome back.
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

The micros do look sweet. Maybe down the road.