digital trail cameras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

J.J.K

digital trail cameras

Post by J.J.K »

has anyone here tried a digital trail camera . I,am thinking about upgrading to a digital trail camera but no one that i know has has tried one yet. i have a deer-cam dc 100 and it does a great job i but like the idea of instant pictures. i am considering the cudde back digital also made by non typical also what i am finding is that most digital trail cameras only have a 1.3 megapixel camera . i dont know how good a picture this will give you. if i do buy the digital i am going to sell the dc 100 for a good price. thanks for any information

JJK
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I have two trail camera's out now one is a home brew one store bought. I have considered going digital myself but I'm afraid they won't work in the extreme cold. I'm not sure how long your season is but mine will run until Dec. 31. I would check to see what temperature they will work till before I bought one. Good luck.

Post by Guest »

go to this web site. its www.lakotacam.com he makes a good didital and has one thats good with film too.
terry-1

cam

Post by terry-1 »

I am using a game Vu digital right now and a 35mm stealth cam I just bought about 2 weeks back. I think Digital is by far the best way to go. In the long run It will end up being cheaper. At current film cost and processing I Think I will spend $30-$40 per month on one 35mm camera system. I use good film $3+ a roll not the cheapest film but you can tell a big difference in your pics I tried one roll of cheap film never again. I process and changed film once a week the last two weeks about 20pics a week for me at this time and area it is set up at. If you bought a average $150 35mm cam you could have a $300 digital paid for in about 3.5 months and get real time info checking pics every day if you please on the way to your stand with digital. Alot of things change change in the week of hunting season while your are waiting for your 35mm roll to fill up to justify processing the film. I still will use my 35mm stealth cam for higher risk areas that I feel it could be stolen as cost of the unit is much less to lose. I am going to buy a nicer digital unit myself this week the Game VU works great for scouting but for printing or posting your pics the images are just to poor and grainy.The VU is a scouting only camera.The IR flash is great though no noise or bright flash to alarm game you are taking photos.