A HEX FROM WYNNE THE WICKED WITCH

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ont_Excal

A HEX FROM WYNNE THE WICKED WITCH

Post by Ont_Excal »

This relates to new fees in the new year for Ontario residents. bah humbug!!!!!

2 dollar fee plus hst. added to every transaction.
Simply put it means the following.
Outdoors Card $2 + hst.
Hunting licence $2 + hst.
Deer licence $2 + hst.
Extra doe tag $2 + hst.
Fishing licence $2 + hst.
Bear, moose, small game and turkey + + + +.

http://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-e ... g-products
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
one shot scott

Re: A HEX FROM WYNNE THE WICKED WITCH

Post by one shot scott »

Smart move on her part. It won't effect most of her voters in the big city. Sportsmen will complain a bit but in the end we will just roll over and take it.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

You can always go south and hunt someplace else, see how you like the non res lic fees elsewhere. Our natural resources and hunting licenses are some of the cheapest license fees there are, a real bargain if you ask me. You don't know how good you have it, if your complaining.

Majority of guys that wine around here every time they talk about an additional deer tag or fee increase - could just cut back on a case of beer a month and it would cover it. A lot of takers and few givers unfortunately.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Like they say, give a poor man a fish and he can feed his family for one day,
Teach that man to fish and he has to buy a friggin license......
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Hunt it wrote:You can always go south and hunt someplace else, see how you like the non res lic fees elsewhere. Our natural resources and hunting licenses are some of the cheapest license fees there are, a real bargain if you ask me. You don't know how good you have it, if your complaining.

Majority of guys that wine around here every time they talk about an additional deer tag or fee increase - could just cut back on a case of beer a month and it would cover it. A lot of takers and few givers unfortunately.
Well isn't everything just wonderful and it is if one's making a 6 figure income.
I don't drink enough beer to make it a case a year so extra funds from that source I don't have.

I don't have a problem with initial costs of licences and I would feel better about these fees if there was the remotest possibility that these added funds would actually make a difference in the management of our resources.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

What are the additional fees being used for? If they're for habitat conservation, enforcement and wildlife management most sportsmen would be okay with it. Whenit's jjust another case of government reaching into your pockets we complain. I think that's fair. In B.C. our government just approved a proposal to give the guide outfitters 40-45% of LEH allocations by taking them away from resident hunters. We number over 120,000 hunters vs about 200 guide outfitters. How's that? !!! :x
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That's just it. If we could actually see an improvement an increase would be justified. But.. Ontario resource management and enforcement is a joke.

Oh ya.Beer is going up too.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Fee's in Quebec are crazy also. I remember when we paid $5 to get in the doe draw and if you won there was no extra fee's, now if you win its an extra $20 added to your regular buck license which is already over $50 and don't forget the $7.50 I believe it is to register your deer after you shot it.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Here in God's country, when you are older than dirt, your hunting and fishing license is free!
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
JRS

Post by JRS »

Deerstalker wrote:Here in God's country, when you are older than dirt, your hunting and fishing license is free!
Seniors currently can fish for free here, but that is also being changed in the very near future. They will have to started buying licenses again, at a reduced senior rate.
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

I still think a $55.00 moose or a $49.00 deer or bear or a $10.00 wolf is a pretty dang good deal, we should be thankful for. If your hanging out here shooting a fine Excal and all the fixins you can't be that hard up. Yes I'll complain with you about other Government fees but not tag prices.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

paulaboutform wrote:What are the additional fees being used for?

Knowing our dear Kath,likely the hydro debt and gas plant debacle. :)
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

[quote="Hunt it"]I still think a $55.00 moose or a $49.00 deer or bear or a $10.00 wolf is a pretty dang good deal, we should be thankful for. If your hanging out here shooting a fine Excal and all the fixins you can't be that hard up. Yes I'll complain with you about other Government fees but not tag
Last edited by paulaboutform on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hunt it wrote:I still think a $55.00 moose or a $49.00 deer or bear oand I d a $10.00 wolf is a pretty dang good deal, we should be thankful for. If your hanging out here shooting a fine Excal and all the fixins don't can't be that hard up. Yes I'll complain with you about other Government fees but not tag prices.
Fifty bucks for a deer tag is a good and fair price? ...seriously! .....and I don't drink but if I did that would be my choice to spend my money as I saw fit. vs being forced ti pay an overinflated lisencing fee or not hunting.
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

What many forget is that our hunter numbers are nothing compared to our south of the border friends. The State of Michigan has double the number of hunters that we have in Canada. Our MNR is drastically under funded and needs the license fees to operate. I have been involved at the Board level of many hunting/conservation organizations and I can tell you that the average hunter takes more than he or she gives. If we want our grandkids to enjoy the sports we love it needs to be the other way around - if you take something then give something. I for one think the adventures and friendships that take place over a 1 week deer hunt or 2 week moose hunt are worth countless dollars more than a $50 or $60 dollar tag. Look at it this way - the price of gas has dropped a lot recently - what you save on just one tank will cover license fees for years to come.