OT-Stoeger backpacker .410

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MC as guest

OT-Stoeger backpacker .410

Post by MC as guest »

Anybody on here ever used this little .410? 12" barrel that is legal because its manufactured that way. How does it pattern?
Thanks
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

My dad's has 20 inch barrels and patterns very well. Pattens are better with the 2 1/2 inch shells over the 3 inch. It's a real sweet little number for chasing snowshoe hare in the winter. It's mild recoil, small size, and quick handling make it a real pleasure to shoot.

The only negative, is that it can't shoot a slug accurately due to its short barrels. Then again, what can you kill with a .410 slug? Too weak for deer and not accurate enough for smaller game like coyote, fox, or ground hogs.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Allan

Post by Allan »

That shotgun is not leagal in Canada.
MC as guest

Post by MC as guest »

Gun shops are selling them here in Ontario and people are hunting with them. They are legal and non restricted.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Anybody have a picture of one?
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.

Post by Guest »

Here you go, read the" did you know"section

www.shootist.ab.ca/dsht5.html
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

cheap little fun-gun for $169 :D Nice to have for thumping grouse at camp or pests around the barn.....

I just sold a 410 single shot for $75.00, it had a long barrel though.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

After looking at that picture, I realise I made a mistake ...sorry my dad's gun is a Stoeger Coachgun double barrel! Not the Stoeger backpacker :oops:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.

Post by Guest »

That's one of the silliest "guns" I've ever seen. :lol: :lol: I'll stick with my Italian Richland 28 guage o/u for plinking. :wink: :)

Post by Guest »

Carl, since we cannot hunt or carry handguns like our american neighbors :( , this might be the next best thing for a pack gun. :)
aanerutha

backpacker

Post by aanerutha »

What is one of the higher paying jobs for a backpacker wanting to work 3 months in australia? I'm going to Australia for the month of july and I wanted to work for 3 months, I was wondering what the best paying job would be for a backpacker? and also the nicest place to live for the months of july, august, september? What would the average monthly rent be ?
Last edited by aanerutha on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
i need help