Safety Harness

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Safety Harness

Post by raydaughety »

I'm in the market for a safety harness. Any preferences?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Bert

harness

Post by Bert »

Hi Ray:
I bought the Gorilla full body harness from Cabelas. I have used it for about a year and it has worked out great. The important thing to note is to buy one that uses belt buckle type of supports around your chest and legs. In the event that you fall from your stand and can't get back up. you can undo the buckles and lower yourself down. If you buy an industrial type of harness, you can't undo them if you have your body weight on them. Also, I have bought a self retracting lanyard restraing system instead of a fixed tether. It works like a seat belt system. It has an 8 foot retracting tether which allows you to move about in your stand and also to get part way down your tree before you have to unhook it. I hook my linemans belt around the tree before I unhook the tether. If you need any more information, I can get it for you.
Bert,
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

Hi Ray,

I'm in the market for a new safety harness myself so I will be watching this thread for any suggestions, right now I'm kinda' leaning toward the safety system thats built into a vest.... I
hope I post this link right.......

http://www.biggameproshop.com/hunter_safety_system.htm

Post by Guest »

Stalker

I've been looking at the same thing, thinking that it was likely the easiest on the old bod if I did take a tumble.

I hope some one with experience with it gets on board.
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

I have not found one that I like better than the "SEAT OF THE PANTS" made by Summit. :)

leo
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Leo, is it easy to get into ? I weigh 308lbs and like the seat of the pants system from what i've seen, I also like the vest type. The only drawback from the vest is it is so hot down here in Sept I don't know how thick the vest would be.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Ray, as with any harness I have tried it takes some getting use to :)

I put mine on when I leave camp and wear it to the stand, it is simpler this way for me and less movement in the woods :D

leo
Kdog

Post by Kdog »

I also use a Seat O The Pants harness. I also put mine on at the truck. Only used one season, but have been very happy with it. Hope I don't have a need to test it though. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kdog
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

this will be my first year to use a full body harness,i went with the vest with the harness built into it,it is real simple to use,so maybe i will always have it with me.
Bob