Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Hazmat

Re: Go Pro

Post by Hazmat »

I have one with remote switch that I secure to my "Munch Mount"

It works well for me!
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Iamarealtree

Post by Iamarealtree »

Is anyone using the go pro bike / bar mount ? I just unpacked and test fitted mine today on my Ibex and there are some clearance issues with the finger screws (the heads of them anyway) also tried to invert them but then one side fouls the go pro base mount.

Also wondering if anyone has experiences with this getting in the way of the cocking rope ?

Hopefully someone out there in Excal land has some ideas - I will look at some short socket head bolts and washers or cut down the finger screw heads.

Cheers !
Aaron
Excalibur Ibex - Flemish string
GoPro scope mounted
Firebolts / Boltcutters
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think you are using the same mount as I. I do find that the screws come down far enough to make it a pita but it still will allow for the rope cocker. Its a real pain on my matrix with the ADF, but there again its still manageable.

what scope are you using? mine are the lumizone and the Tactzone and perhaps that's where the difference is.

Care to post a pic of your set-up?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Iamarealtree

Post by Iamarealtree »

Thanks man, I will post a pic tonight, I am using the stock varizone scope, and it's close and a really tight fit on either side of the string release claw housing and scope mount (sort of splays the finger screws apart), I'll have a play tonight, I'm sure I'll get it to work one way or another.... If nothing else, new screws and nylock nuts will fit, then I'll want to black them out too...

I'm a pedantic bugger with this sort of stuff.

Aaron.
GoPro scope mounted
Firebolts / Boltcutters
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

I use mine using the Head Strap and the remote. Fire it up when I hear or see something. This allows me to film more than just the shot...the hunt, for the most part whatever I'm watching is being filmed.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Iamarealtree

Post by Iamarealtree »

Sorry, can't upload photos to this post apparently :(
GoPro scope mounted
Firebolts / Boltcutters
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Iamarealtree wrote:Sorry, can't upload photos to this post apparently :(
You will need a host like photobucket to post pics.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Iamarealtree wrote:Thanks man, I will post a pic tonight, I am using the stock varizone scope, and it's close and a really tight fit on either side of the string release claw housing and scope mount (sort of splays the finger screws apart), I'll have a play tonight, I'm sure I'll get it to work one way or another.... If nothing else, new screws and nylock nuts will fit, then I'll want to black them out too...

I'm a pedantic bugger with this sort of stuff.

Aaron.

If mine ended up being just a bit more of a nuisance then they are I think I would have swapped mine out as well. I did end up blacking out the threaded portions where visible, I also blacked out my gopro case as well in an attempt to reduce glare, and hide the lights on the front of the cam
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

to the OP, If I had to do it all over again I would explore more options then gopro for hunting cams. Im not sure what has been released recently from competitors. The go pro is nice, but on wide view record the object (deer) seems miles away. That setting can be changed to normal view and the problem goes away, but there is still no zoom option. Although I have been told there is a chance to change zoom settings on a PC I have not done so...

Mainly b/c its stupid that you should have to use a PC to change the zoom setting! lol
Iamarealtree

Post by Iamarealtree »

Well guys, I got it all set up, $1.60 for some Allen head pan head m6 x 25mm and nylocks and it's neat as ever :)

I mounted it up forward on the scope after looking at a couple of YouTube vids, angle and range of view is really good... Go pro played up so I had to re flash its operating software Before I could play with it... All good now.

Scott, you can select in the tools/settings menu to turn off the blinking LED's and mute the beeps, it is great after that !

Cheers !
Aaron
GoPro scope mounted
Firebolts / Boltcutters
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Yah I changed my settings for the lights as well, but still blacked out the case to reduce glare.
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Apple has beaten Gopro's patent in a US Court and is going to start making sport action cameras now.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Xbowkiller wrote:Apple has beaten Gopro's patent in a US Court and is going to start making sport action cameras now.
Eeek.
Apple with have it overpriced, only viewable on their software, cables that cost as much as a small car, screen that shatters when you blow on it and memory and battery that can only be swapped by an "authorized dealer" at a great expense. They won't touch the camo market, but you will have a great selection of Hello Kitty cases.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string