Micro 335 vs Matrix 380 which to buy $$

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ash80

Micro 335 vs Matrix 380 which to buy $$

Post by ash80 »

I'm trying to decide between the Micro 335 Realtree Xtra and the Matrix 380 in Realtree Xtra and would like some opinions on both. I mainly hunt in a tree stand. Price is not an issue just having a tough time deciding between the two. Right now I have an old Horton so either of the two will definitley be an upgrade. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Micro 335 vs Matrix 380 which to buy $$

Post by newbie »

If you can handle both do so. It will make up your mind real quick. I loved my 355 until i picked up and shot a 335.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Both have enough power, Micro is more compact, if you want the extra speed, 380. If not, 335 Micro is the ticket! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Either model is a great choice. Now it depends on yer comfort about the size diff in holdin them. Thats where the decision is to make. I hunt from tree stands also n had no trouble with the older models! I jus decided to go newer after many yrs of the older models. I hunt with the 405 n 355 out of my Hang-On stands with no trouble
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I don't own a 380 but have the 405 and fell in love with it.. The speed and power is amazing, but when the Micro came out I bought one because I liked the look and feel of the Micro more.. I was at first concerned about loosing all that speed that I enjoyed from the 405 but honestly even the Micro is shooting over 300 fps with a heavy arrow. I've shot a lot of deer in the past with my vertical bows that shot for me at my draw length and draw weight under 250 fps and the deer did not care..

For ME the Micro feels better and has better balance for ME though I still like my 405..

You need to hold them both and shoot them both in order for YOU to decide which one is for YOU.. They are both excellent bows..

Good luck in your choice.. cant go wrong either way.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I haven't shot the micro but apparently it draws comparatively to the M380. Accuracy wise they will be the same which just leaves the size. They will both kill whatever you shoot but if there aren't any physical limitations my vote goes to the M380.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I currently own both a Matrix 380 and a Micro 335, and I had intended to sell the M380 once I got the Micro set up. However, I'm having second thoughts. I like my Micro and shoot it pretty much exclusively, and it's definitely accurate. I hate to lose the added velocity/flatter trajectory of the M380 for my serious hunting.

That being said, if I had to just own one, it would be the Micro for the compactness.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GrassyKnoll wrote:I don't own a 380 but have the 405 and fell in love with it.. The speed and power is amazing, but when the Micro came out I bought one because I liked the look and feel of the Micro more.. I was at first concerned about loosing all that speed that I enjoyed from the 405 but honestly even the Micro is shooting over 300 fps with a heavy arrow. I've shot a lot of deer in the past with my vertical bows that shot for me at my draw length and draw weight under 250 fps and the deer did not care..

For ME the Micro feels better and has better balance for ME though I still like my 405..

You need to hold them both and shoot them both in order for YOU to decide which one is for YOU.. They are both excellent bows..

Good luck in your choice.. cant go wrong either way.
....true that!...true that!

.... word for word I could not have said it any better Ed!

....I have the M380 not the MM405...but feel the exact same way about MY Micro 335 (although I wish I got the Nightmare to match my Blackout)!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

If I had a choice it would be the matrix 380 all the way..Why bring a 22cal to a gun fight, when you could bring a 45 auto??
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

You can really over complicate this choice................First ask yourself why you want either one:

Speed
cocking effort
mass size/weight

If it's all about the mass/size weight and you do not care about cocking effort or speed then it's hands down the Micro.

If it's all about the cocking effort, both are wrong and you might as well settle on the M330 for the same speed as the Micro, same weight as the Micro.

If it's just speed then it's the 380.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

More like a .40 cal to a .45....... Either bow you won't go wrong..I like my micro,and I like my matrix bows too. Tuff call. Try them both.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

after surgery I had my m380 milled down to a 330 lost a lot of speed (45-50 fps)..ended up buying another 380 rail toget the speed back after healing up..hunting on the ground I get longer shots and the 380 works best for me..if you
can shoot them both @ 60 yrds :D
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Not a bad choice to be made ! Instead of comparing the speeds so much I would have to consider things such as , How far do you have to hike to reach your stands ? , Transporting on ATV ? , Hunting in cramped stands ? , How thick of terrain do you normally hunt ??? I hunt food plots alot in 2 man ladder stands and occasionally in a summit climber so my 380 fits my style hunting just fine .And the extra speed in the plots is nice also . BUT someone else's style and hunting circumstances might favor the Micro more . So I guess it boils down to the Individual in the end .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

8ptbuk wrote:Not a bad choice to be made ! Instead of comparing the speeds so much I would have to consider things such as , How far do you have to hike to reach your stands ? , Transporting on ATV ? , Hunting in cramped stands ? , How thick of terrain do you normally hunt ??? I hunt food plots alot in 2 man ladder stands and occasionally in a summit climber so my 380 fits my style hunting just fine .And the extra speed in the plots is nice also . BUT someone else's style and hunting circumstances might favor the Micro more . So I guess it boils down to the Individual in the end .
I agree totally ...... To each his own !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

okay so I have not had a chance to handle or shoot ether bow and have to make a choice soon .at 40 yards how much of a difference is there between the 380 and the micro .wish I could shoot them both thru a crono at 40 yards and get a feel for how much I would be giving up going with the smaller bow .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver