Kudos to LeBarons, Classic Sports and Shimano

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Spring

Kudos to LeBarons, Classic Sports and Shimano

Post by Spring »

Last Christmas my middle daughter bought me a rod and reel at LeBarons Bells Corners.

First time out I broke the rod. Yep it was a big'un. One of them Slew Sharks (pike). By the way the rod broke it was simply defective.

I called LeBaron not hopeful of much satisfaction based on previous experience together with the fact that my daughter hadn't kept the bill of sale.

To my surprise the person I spoke to explained how warranty work was handled and provided me the number for Shimano. The LeBaron's guy couldn't have been more helpful, and since recently they have done right by me each time I've dealt with them, I'm simply going to have to change my opinion of them by getting over past wrongs. My boycott of LeBarons is officially over.

I called Shimano only to find the guy I needed to talk to was on vacation. So I left him a voice mail. Within an hour he returned my call presumably while vacationing. He in turn explained to me who to contact at Classic Sports in Peterborough who handle the warranty stuff. The Shimano guy couldn't have been more helpful.

The third call went to Classic Sports who told me to mail them the rod and they'd replace it with the closest comparable since my rod was no longer in production. The bill of sale thing was not an issue.

I mailed the rod late last week only to have the replacement arrive yesterday.

Sure it took me three phone calls and some postage but each person along the way did their best to provide me service. That's something often lost in the retail business in Canada.

Kudos to all involved.

Cheers!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

This parallels my recent experiences.

A few weeks ago I went to LeBaron's Mississauga and bought two riflescopes and some trinkets. They fell all over themselves trying to help me. I got a nice Elite 3200 2-7x for a STEAL. Last week RJ and I bought a couple shotguns there...they were cordial, quick and helpful. The 870 pump gun I bought was at least $75.00 cheaper than anywhere else I called...and I shopped around a lot.

I'll still give BJ all my archery business because he is both helpful AND completely knowledgeable, but the gun stuff will be coming from LeBaron. They seem to have recently changed their customer service tune.

Mike
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I don't know if LeBarons has been 'listening" to our conversations or if it is because of "you know who" is coming to the GTA that there has been a change in customer service. Whatever the reason it is for the better. Who knows, now that there is some competition maybe the prices will change. It should be interesting.

I've generally had a good raport with most of the staff, so I will still seek them out when I need something, but Bass Pro Shops will be visited at least a couple of times.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Dido my experience with the Mississauga LeBarons. Went in there last week for a foam archery target. All new faces in the gun shop and very helpfull. I was told they sold 3 last week and should be getting some more in this week. Someone must be listening.

later

jeff
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: Le Barons is worried about the new Bass Pro Shop opening up.....personally I think the improvement in the serivce is too little too late & i'm really looking forward to Le Barons 'GOING OUT OF BUSINESS' sale!!!!!!!!!!!
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I've been buying at the Montreal LeBaron's for over 25 years. Their product, prices and service have always been very good. I'm glad to hear the other sites have improved.

The fellows in the gun shop have always been great with me. The oldest of the bunch has been there ever since I can remember. Bass Pro shop or not, I could shop at any of the other places out there right now. In the end, I always end up at LeBaron's.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

In our society of supply and demand, competition is healthy for the consumer, while keeping the suppliers on their toes. With a new Kid on the Block (and a big one at that), it will separate the pretenders from the contenders. and it'll be survivial of the fittest. In times like these, necessity is the mother of invention and the most resourceful will survive.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.