Offspring crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Offspring crossbow

Post by amythntr »

....Nope I did not do anything...but state facts that I have seen in business throughout my 35 years in accounting....I want to believe the value of the Excalibur name, in terms of the quality and customer service, will always be there otherwise :?: :?: :?: . I love what I have...period...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Bowtech's sales have been dismal.......Doubt this will improve them much.
"Eze 18:21"
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The jury is out on whether this wheeled "new kid on the block" will succeed. The outcome is anybody's guess. What is definitely known is that it started initially with a "shuffling of the cabinet" at Excalibur. Now, after a short period of adjustment, and finally the "changing of the guard", with an increased appetite for "market share", the changes are coming fast and furious. :o

Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. Only time will tell. Personally I'll hedge my bets, by holding on to my tried and true Exo-series models, rather than selling them short.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

amythntr wrote:.....only a thought and not meant to start the "sky is falling syndrome" of last year....BUT many companies after a period of time DO what Bowtech appears to be doing, (little changes at a time to obtain the buyer's confidence and acceptance)...at some time in the future the products just start blending together so much that a decision could possibly be made that, "there is no need for two names".... because of this...and since Bowtech was the acquiring company they might just remove one name and utilize another...just saying...I HAVE seen this over and over in the business world both as a CPA and as an investor...might not ever affect quality but who knows...just a thought for the thinking mind :!:

Anthony :)
Fer the Record Bowtech does not own Excal. The Parent Company from Mn. owns both of them. So if in the Future they did decide to drop Excals name off products ( big mistake) i reckon they can. That what kill all sales to Excals original followers
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

This can only help the company to sell bows in states with the 200# upper draw weight limit such as NY. It is a smart business move.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds to me like they are trying to cash in on Excalibur's reputation for durability/reliability.

I'm sure the Stock & trigger will still be durable, not as sure about the rail with the cutout for cables being added to it. The riser & limbs will probably be durable, but the cams, cables, & string will probably require some professional care and/or replacement users just can't provide.

If I wanted a compound I'd certainly give it a close look, but I don't see myself being in the market for something like that any time soon. (As I age the lower draw weight with the increased velocity may become a factor.)

(edited to correct typo)
wabi
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Swamp Donky wrote:I love it!!! :D

http://youtu.be/WSD2KAjeqWM
The whole issue of durability with wheeled xbows wasn't the stock or rail as much as the inherent problems with wheels/cams/long cables,pins, etc...
I really want to know what makes this offspring different in that respect.
I truly hope it succeeds since in another ten years I may not be able to cock my Micro and have too much pride to use a crank.. I guess time will tell...
norm
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

This xbow will not b sold under the Excal name............... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

coolhl wrote:
Swamp Donky wrote:I love it!!! :D

http://youtu.be/WSD2KAjeqWM
The whole issue of durability with wheeled xbows wasn't the stock or rail as much as the inherent problems with wheels/cams/long cables,pins, etc...
I really want to know what makes this offspring different in that respect.
I truly hope it succeeds since in another ten years I may not be able to cock my Micro and have too much pride to use a crank.. I guess time will tell...
norm
Throw pride under the Bus n bury it. Heck i use the C2 right
now wid me Kong 405 n glad i have it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Jerod B.

Post by Jerod B. »

Testimonial for the strings and cables, or the bow?? :mrgreen:

We sold two Strykers when they first came out to a couple guys from Louisiana. They loved them things to death. They also came back immediately for better targets. :lol:
Jerod B.

Post by Jerod B. »

Exactly.

The engineer that taught me how to work on bows, once stated that there was no reason why I shouldn't have already learned how to build my own strings, since I could do everything else to my bows....I replied, "There are many reasons, Vapor Trail Strings, Winner's Choice Strings, Viscosity Bow Strings, etc., etc." :mrgreen:
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I happened across an ad for Excalibur crossbow on twitter they are looking assembler, receiver and national sales manager all dated late December 2014

maybe there is more changing at Excal than just the bows
Tenpoint Matrix
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

Dereck wrote:I happened across an ad for Excalibur crossbow on twitter they are looking assembler, receiver and national sales manager all dated late December 2014

maybe there is more changing at Excal than just the bows
Very interesting....
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

My prediction: we are going to be seeing a lot more of these hybrids.

Here's what is coming next. I think someday soon we're going to see a Micro-Type recurve that uses the Stryker's forward trigger/scope rail setup, (imagine the string latches 4" further back then where they are now). This could increase the power stroke. They could then use less stout limbs on a bow the same length/width they are making them now. The powerstroke would be longer, but the draw weight would be less. In the end, it's a bow with similar specs to what they have now, but with less draw weight. To me that's the only way they can make a Micro recurve platform that will shoot near 400fps.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Have to find out where you send it for warranty repair. Was it built in Canada?