Vortex XBR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Re: Vortex XBR

Post by Species8472 »

I have 2 - one on a 380 and one on a 405. Best hunting scope I have ever used on a crossbow. Have not used the Zeiss Duralyt or Leupold Vxr but I expect it is the same sort of class i.e. about as good as it gets on a crossbow.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

X2 I replaced my Leupold Crossbones with the Vortex XBR it is a big scope but night and day better than anything I have seen for crossbows to date.
gregs

Post by gregs »

I have one also and it is big and bulky, however in low light it is very clear and the lighted reticle is very nice. I have used a lot of different xbow scopes and the XBR is the best so far. I keep looking for other manufacturers to release xbow specific scopes with really good glass and believe they are coming.
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

You must have some other scope in mind there is no sticker for turret. This scope is calibrated in moa - dial is etched - no sticker. You can order a custom turret with yardage on it rather than moa if you wish. This is not done through Vortex. There are several companies that make custom turrets for any scope that has replaceable turrets.
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

:| I should have mentioned, the scope can be used by using the dial feature Or the reticle graduations. The scope has up to 120 moa of adjustment pending what power your using and how you mount it ( med or high rings). If you sight in at 10x you will need to use both the reticule and the dial to get dialed in at beyond 70 yards if you dead centre- zero at 30 yards. At 5x you can do over 100 yards on reticle, but keep in mind that tight groups at 100yrds is easier at higher power.

The MOA graduations are easy to get used to and if your a long range rifle shooter you've likely gotten used to using moa. I would see no need to get a yardage dial. I intend to print out my long range data and tape it inside Butler Creek flip up cap for handy reading if needed.

The scope is excellent in every way so far. Rather big and heavy compared to my Crossbones but the lighted reticle is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I am looking very forward to introducing it to some midnight piggys in Texas week after next.