Buck Commander Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzly72

Buck Commander Target

Post by grizzly72 »

I just ordered one of these for 25 bucks threw Walmart. Seems to get good reviews, Supposed to stop crossbows. Has anyone ever tried one of these?? Its a bag target for field points only.
grizzly72

Re: Buck Commander Target

Post by grizzly72 »

Well I had to try it for the price. I will let everyone know if it stops the micro arrows and is easy to get the arrow out.. Supposed to be delivered around the 23rd.
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

I got one of these and although I haven't shot it enough to give a fair durability review yet,it will definetly stop the 335's arrows! I use mine inside for chrony testing with an Exomax at 10 yards.Penetration is about 6 to 8" with a 420 grain arrow with custom Flemish strings.I was impressed to say the least!! Arrows pull out with ease! Only staples on the target is in the bottom so that's a plus! Overall its a deal for the price! Im sure you will agree once you get it! 8)
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Are there different versions ? I just looked at Walmart online and they are $39
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Yes I think there are. I got the bag target for 25 bucks.. I think there are a bag and a block.
Pounder

Post by Pounder »

I've been using one for a year now with my M380. Works great. Tried it after I struggled to remove arrows from my more expensive Block crossbow target. I will try a Rhinehart next for the broadheads,
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Well I got the bag in the mail and took about 10 shots into it last night around 9pm under my flood lights. I only shot it at 13 yards but it stopped them good and really pulled out easy.

It was also my first shots with the micro and leupold scope. I must say after shooting and equinox this thing doesn't make any noise compared to it. Real sweet shooting bow in my opinion. A kind of amazing thing to me was that at 13 yards shooting the 2x7x33 turkey plex was again only shooting 13 yards and using my crosshair it was perfect left to right and about 6 inches high. I think it should be real close if I use the center crosshair for 25-30 yards. It was perfect left and right.
Pasidewinder

Post by Pasidewinder »

I too purchased one of these bags at my local walmart. I only shoot the axiom into it and it does seem to be a decent bag at a great price.

One thing i did notice is that i had to use stick on dots on other areas of the target other than where the origional target spots were. If i shot the same spot a few times it seemed that the bolts would penetrate deeper and deeper in that spot till it would mess up the fletchings.

I later learned that if you take the bag and lay it on its front or back and stand on it and push with your feet a bit that it would move the filler material around in it enough that the bag gould stop arrows again in these same spots.

But all in all, this is a great bag for he price.
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Thanks for the tips, I cant really expect to much from it for the money but we will see how long it lasts.