Excalibur Vortex Lite Stuff Pkg.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BobbyR

Excalibur Vortex Lite Stuff Pkg.

Post by BobbyR »

Hey guys. Just wondering, I have found a couple of leftover Vortex Lite Stuff Pkgs. for a little over $600.00. Is this a good hunting bow? I am new to crossbows, and I am looking for a quality (Excalibur) starter bow for around $600.00. I had originally researched the Ibex and Grizzly Matrix SMF bows, but I just can't get past the composite rail. I know that the synthetic is as strong or maybe stronger than the aluminum, but IMHO the SMF rails are ugly. Maybe if they were full camo, it would not look so bad. I don't want to buy something that I will not be happy with just to own a crossbow. Cabelas had the Vortex Lite Stuff for $599.00 yesterday, but I fooled around till today, and they are all gone. I have found a couple more Vortex bows for around $650.00, and I am considering it. It looks bigger than the Ibex or Grizzly, but it has the aluminum frame, so that is the biggest consideration for me along with the price. I just don't think I would be happy with the SMF bows, just because of the looks, because I am sure Excalibur would not stamp their name on a crossbow of questionable quality. Thanks guys.
dutchhunter

Re: Excalibur Vortex Lite Stuff Pkg.

Post by dutchhunter »

well the vortex is the very best well rounded huntinh bow ever made .it will look after every think from turkeys to moose .thy are a very nice bow to shot and have a very nice look to them with the thumb hole stock .you will be very happy with a vortex and it will last you a life time with very little care ,Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If you get the lifetime warranty, and it's new, that is one heck of a bow, and an even better deal! Hands down, the best all around bow for all day target shooting, and killing power for deer, and turkey, and from what i read, Black Bear! I sold mine to a great guy, he has killed two deer this fall with it, and loves it.
That said, for a bit more you could get a used Matrix here on the forum, and the 355 is a great one too in the middle of the sizes.

Good luck, and happy hunting. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

The Vortex is a sweet heart, I have the Exocet 200 and love it. :mrgreen:
Mine will shoot one spot all day long :lol: But I just saw a few Marix 405's for sale....
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The six deer I shot with my Vortex this year didn't seem to like it. Neiter did the bison. :mrgreen:

Seriously, great bow. Lots of power yet not a serving killer. Easy to cock and spot on all day
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, vortex is a great choice!!! Love mine, shoots dead on. It will take any animal in north America. Shot my first bear, complete pass on threw. Someday would like to hunt a brown bear with it. Keep us posted. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The Vortex is my bow of choice and I have grounded many deer and a bear with it over the years. When target shooting is the game at hand it is crazy accurate! You will not be disappointed if you go with that bow. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
nighthawk

Post by nighthawk »

Bobbyr I think the Vortex is a fantastic crossbow,I have not had a problem with it at all,and have had it since 2008. Have taken many deer at different yardage.As far as I'm concerned you get go wrong.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-Zone Scope
150 grain boltcutters
bubba

Post by bubba »

Like said I'm sure the vortex is a great bow and a good choice, but I own a Ibex smf have had it since Aug last year, I've taken four deer, three hogs, and punched the center out of a many targets.. I know I have over two thousand shots on it, and the rail is as good as new no problems at all. So don't let the rail be in the smf line concern you. It' solid!! Now with that being said, I'm looking forward to my next Excalibur bow. Why?? because I'd like a little more speed. The vortex is rated at 330 f.p.s. a plus. All of the Excal lines I'm sure are you cant go wronge..... Its up to you which fits your need.. Good luck to ya, and keep us posted on your choice...................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)