Some advice for good decent people here on this forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tim50

Re: Some advice for good decent people here on this forum

Post by Tim50 »

Many forums do have cult like groups and you also have those who wish to claim their 15 minutes of fame. On all forums we all agree to set standards/rules. And each forum in turn enforces the rules as they see fit. Some members are continually pushing the boundary's of civil conversation & good taste. Those types are the down fall of many forums because they refuse to adhere to their agreed upon rules and refuse moderation and usually turn conversations personal. People who fail to learn by their mistakes are doomed to repeat them!
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

We are all given a "seat" when we join a forum. It's our own actions that determine if they are "Cheap" or not!
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

If you learn how to act you can participate in good conversation and there is no need to fall on your sword! Follow the rules like everyone else and respect moderation and fellow members and you will be allowed to sit at the grown-up table. The word "Banned" does not always need to follow your name! That is you choice!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Live, Love and Let GO! :wink:
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

onebigskittle wrote:Live, Love and Let GO! :wink:
This is good advice in a perfect world. Unfortunately in the world we live in we must deal with people who use the internet as their soap box! They refuse to abide by the rules of the forum and use personal attacks as their club! When you turn the other cheek these types smack it as well! They feel they are above moderation and the rules of the forum do not apply to them. Every forum has some of these types and some forums share these curses of the internet! Mods today have an unenviable task of deciding how to handle these internet bullies! These types drive members away from the forum and restrict the flow of ideas. Some members will not "let go" because they see their forum being overrun by this type of bulling & maybe it is time to stand up to these types....it is not cute or funny any more their little act has grown thin when every thread they get involved in becomes a battle field of personal attacks when they don't share another members point of view! Debate in forums is good.....constant PERSONAL ATTACKS not so much. Maybe the quote should be Live, Love & Grow Up!!!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I believe the people here on the forum are my family and like all family, some don't get along. But like all families, in the end they pull together in the hard times.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

well said don :wink: ....just wanna-be internet thugs trying to flex muscles they don't have in real life face to face with people :roll: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Well put Don
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good advice Boo, but I see it has already been ignored by some that continually like to cause trouble.

I think a lot of members would appreciate a bit of a heavier hand from the moderators.
A warning to cool it down, that if ignored would lead to a swift kick out the door.
wabi
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Well Said Wabi, X2 over and over
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Good post boo man!!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

wabi wrote:Good advice Boo, but I see it has already been ignored by some that continually like to cause trouble.

I think a lot of members would appreciate a bit of a heavier hand from the moderators.
A warning to cool it down, that if ignored would lead to a swift kick out the door.
Thanks Don and Wabi, I think that you nailed it. Only way this is going to end is through the moderators.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

bob1961 wrote:well said don :wink: ....just wanna-be internet thugs trying to flex muscles they don't have in real life face to face with people :roll: ....
Ya got that right!!!
Pasidewinder

Re: Some advice for good decent people here on this forum.

Post by Pasidewinder »

This is very good advice, i havent been a member long, inhave very few posts, i have asked more questions than i have answered just for the simple fact that most of the time i wouldnt know what i was talking about!

I let the guys with the expierience answer the questions. Just because i dont post very often, i do lurk around here daily ans absorb as much knowlege as i can, you guys are very kind with answering questions, and i know for one am very greatful for this.

Honestly i am a member of quite a few outdoor forums like this, and i can honestly say out of all of them this one is as close to a group of friends sitting around a table and discussing topics of the day, and answering questions no matter how many times this same question has been answered before!

I just want to say thanks to ALL of you, and maybe one day i can suck up enough knowlege to throw my educated two cents into the pot with the rest of you, all i can say is thank you all and dont let those few trouble makers ruin it for the rest of us, because if it werent for some of you, alot of us "noobs" would probably have ruined something on our bows or maybe even gotten injured from something we "thought" we were experts on, but were not.

Thanks again and keep up the excelent work fellas.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Since you brought it up....Swampy you tend to troll forums & continually attempt to "poke" fellow members. The examples you post clearly show you right in the thick of a controversy doing your usual pushing peoples buttons then crying "poor little me" getting picked on! You know exactly what you are doing here & on other forums. Your act has worn thin on some forums (CN & AT come to mind) and your presence there has been restricted. One would think you would learn from your transgressions....but you seem to enjoy stirring the pot and like the confrontations. You are who you are & you will do what you do!! You seem to have some knowledge to share its just your presentation that gets you every time!