camera looking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngguns

camera looking

Post by youngguns »

I was wondering if the forum members could point me to a good trail camera, I am looking for a modestly priced one. I currently have a cuddeback ir and a plotwatcher, any recommendations would be much appreciated thank you!! Youngguns
A stupid question is a question never asked
Tennessee Rebel

Re: camera looking

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

X2 on the Covert. I have three Reconyx cameras but if I bought more they would be Covert.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I bought a Browning Strike Force last year, I was not crazy about the pictures, but the video was great. Paid $130.00 with a two year warranty! Plus it came with a free SD card. I plan to get one or two more for the fall season, for that price they are tough to beat. They also come with a very sturdy strap for hanging it on a tree. Check them out on trailcampro.com
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have various Moultries, a couple of Bushnells and a few Tascos. Tasco and Simmons are the same items. My Tascos may not have the range of my fancier cams but they work, are very small and inexpensive.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

I just purchased two Moultrie 880i's for $129.00 each. Dunhams Sports priced matched the Cabellas on line price. The 880's were normally 179.00, more than I was willing to pay.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I run Spypoints, good cams, long battery life and a Canadian company.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:I bought a Browning Strike Force last year, I was not crazy about the pictures, but the video was great. Paid $130.00 with a two year warranty! Plus it came with a free SD card. I plan to get one or two more for the fall season, for that price they are tough to beat. They also come with a very sturdy strap for hanging it on a tree. Check them out on trailcampro.com
I've bought 4 Strike Force cameras from Trailcampro, and I love them. I think the pictures are great. I've used a lot of different cameras over the years, and the battery life on the SF is second to none.

I highly recommend them.
randyxx75

Post by randyxx75 »

I tried several brands before settling on the Covert MP6 black,,, around $100-120 , best I have found, does everything, video, plot watch, password protected, simple and takes good pics, they're discontinued now I think. I think the MP 8 is current.
Micro nightmare
Solution LS 390
Matrix 380
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

Had them all,I am also a huge covert fan mp8 black.
Outback

Post by Outback »

I have tried many different makes of trail cams and now only have Moultrie. Have had a few other cameras that where decent however some one thought they where very good cameras and stole them. I have 10 Moultrie cameras in use now and am very happy with the quality of the pics, the battery life, the ease of operation/set up and cost.

outback
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I started with Moultrie many years ago and while it took good pics it has an audible click when the pics were taken and by the second picture the deer would be staring at the cam or I would get a pic of its butt , it was also real big. I am sure they have fixed it but that why I switched. I still have one Bushnell from 2009 and it is still running well, but put side by side with my Spypoints , the Spypoints pick up more pics than the Bushy does.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Outback

Post by Outback »

I think the click when taking pictures is still there. Most pics have the bear, deer, turkey or whatever looking directly at the camera. The black flash is a bonus though as the trespassers don't seem to notice as much. Some folks that I have identified and confronted deny they where there till the pics are shown to them. One must remember to relocate the camera after such a confrontation.

outback
bubba

Post by bubba »

My boy has mostly moultries on his property and they seem to work for the most part...ok but the new bushnel and his cuddy back are on another level great pictures can't speak for the rest we cant afford a lot of them, as we try to keep the price under 150.00 dollars..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)