Things have changed ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mr meat

Re: Things have changed ...

Post by mr meat »

Well i,ll be 54 next month and don,t feel a day over 75! :lol: :lol:
after the last two days i didnt think i was going to see 54!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
catcher

Post by catcher »

Very true RJ , when I joined the forum it was informatitive and about hunting . Now it seems it's about how's fighting with who and who is threatening to quit etc etc. Do us all a favour and quit if you your thinking about it and leave the drama for Ya moma .!!!
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Blood on the floor

Post by Blood on the floor »

Sure glad I`m not old - was 70 over 2 yrs. ago.
Pills, and meds - 0.00
I do take some yit. and mineral sup.
mark 10 :13
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

wabi wrote:Four friends, all in their 40's, discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because the waitresses were young, good looking, had big chests and wore short-shorts.

•Ten years later,at age 50, the four buddies once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because the food and service was good, they had many televisions to watch the games on, and the beer selection was excellent.

•Ten years later, at age 60, the four men again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because there was plenty of parking, they could dine in peace, and it was good value for the money.

•Ten years later, at age 70, they discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because the restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

•Another 10 years went by, and at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because they had never been there before.
Wabi that was awesome and priceless.... :D
unclefester

Post by unclefester »

TPM wrote:These forums have really changed from a place where primarily people would exchange information and ideas to just another form of social media. Unfortunately all the baggage that we find in today's social media comes with it.
I can't begin to quantify how much this forum has affected my life, mostly in a positive way. I have been fortunate enough to meet (and hunt with) a lot of members here both past and present. Those have always been positive experiences and I always look forward to them. I remember one of the first "meet and greets" that I went to. It was hosted by Kirk (Mtbkyk) at a small bar and I drove from Kitchener to Woodstock in heavy snowfall just to get there because I wasn't sure I'd get an opportunity to meet some of these members again. It was an awesome evening and I remember the great feeling of putting the faces to the names. Luckily that was just the start of things to come and we've had some great times and made great friendships with many forum members and their families over the years. Sadly a number of those members are no longer active for one reason or another but we still try to stay in touch and cross paths when we can. This is one reason Boofest is one of the first things we pencil in the calender every year. We've been very fortunate to have made every one so far and it really is like a family reunion with a few new "cousins" joining us each year. Boofest is much like the forum used to be, like minded people sharing ideas and BS hunting stories and feeling feeling richer for having been part of it. I'm not sure this forum will ever get back to that and for now I just try to weed out the good from the bad and get on with life.
Well said Tim.

Ken.
On staff at Crossbow Magazine.
huntman

Post by huntman »

I agree totally with RJ. Although this forum has had some good people join as of late. I sure do miss the days when I first joined with the likes of Gary L, Digger, Red Label, Woody Williams, BigBear and many more. Things were much friendlier and professional.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

This seems to be a common complaint recently on many forums of all types, not just here. What has happened is, that over time forums have been easier to find and been able to attract larger audiences with their longevity. The unfortunate part is along with the good comes the bad. My life, with my many interests, keeps me pretty busy, not to mention some computer issues I experienced last year, but I have also backed away when the pot gets stirred more then I care to know about. I try to keep out of the BS, because I come here to make friends, share my knowledge, learn from others, and just simply have fun. I have been very fortunate, much of my experience here has been with some really great people, whom I've never even met. I also really like the fact, I've had many successful transactions with people that do know me any more then I know them, it's a great feeling to know with all the bad in the world, there are plenty of good folks still around. I'm fairly new to the hunting scene and have been received really well here, it's another good thing for me, so while things have changed, things are still doing what they were, for folks like myself.

For those who have had the pleasure of the same, keep it going, for those who have had conflict or issues, maybe step back and look at things from someone else's perspective. No one's perfect, but a little giving can go along way, to staying peaceful.

I'll end with a thank you to everyone here, who has offered to help the sport and folks who enjoy it! :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Taz3, very well said indeed sir......and I'm still loving your bulldog in your avatar. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

catcher wrote:Very true RJ , when I joined the forum it was informatitive and about hunting . Now it seems it's about how's fighting with who and who is threatening to quit etc etc. Do us all a favour and quit if you your thinking about it and leave the drama for Ya moma .!!!
Exactly. I joined this forum 10 years ago and back then it was more like a few guys sitting around and shooting the crap. You could actually offer constructive criticism without offending someone and causing totally uncalled for drama.

I think there's a few factors that have led to the downward spiral of this forum...

1) A select few members who think their poop doesn't stink, their opinion is all that matters, and anyone who disagrees is automatically wrong. They think they're the ones who run the place.

2) Apparently too many guys seem to be watching soap opera's with their wives these days? Honestly, my 2 year old son whines less than some of the forum members here and the women at the local gossip club create and see less drama than what we see here.

3) Moderators allowing these drama queens to remain on the board. You shouldn't be permitted to post on a forum if your skin is thin as paper and your backbone is as floppy as a noodle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harden up or get out. :!:
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Being new to this forum I believe, in spite of some of the recent drama, it is still the most helpful/informative source for information related to crossbows and crossbow hunting. I rarely visit the other two forums to which I belong because the topics are less relevant to me and quite frankly have a less intimate feel.

The breadth of experience found here along with a willingness to help others is unique in social media (IMHO). I also enjoy the APPROPRIATE humor. I appreciate the tips and advice from those of you who have been in the crossbow world for awhile and I am more than willing to sift through the few irrelevant threads in order to continue learning from this membership.

Thank you all!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

YEP!! Sometimes change is good!! but not in this case! it only takes one bad apple!! or in this case one or two mixed in with some trolls :evil:
The best things in life are not things!!
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

The problem is some posters let their internet "fame" go to their head. They feel THEY ARE the forum. Some looking for that "15 minutes" of fame. Others feel the rules of the forum do not apply to them. When a member of ANY forum feels they are bigger than the forum & the forums rules that is a recipie for trouble. We all get "fired up" from time to time but we have to think before we hit enter. Once you post it you own it! If you cannot work with others then internet forums may not be for you. OR find one that will put up with your childish behavior! Mod's should not have to spend one minute policeing us.

(This is just my opinion & not directed at any one fellow member...)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

There is still a lot of good people here.
This may sound rougher then intended, but you can sit back and watch it degrade or step up and contribute to better the forum. A lot of "used to be" regulars no longer post and they quite often set the bar.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well I'm sure there will be members who dis agree with me, but that's ok that's part of what a forum does, But I feel the recent change the board and or older members made to step up and help clean up was a good one and I don't think I need to mention any name... already an improvement, and hope fully some of the old and wise members that are in the shadows will come back and start posting again. And one shot nailed it...some times the bar needs to be set. And this rookie is all for it.. The one and only Excalibur Forum............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

bubba wrote:Well I'm sure there will be members who dis agree with me, but that's ok that's part of what a forum does, But I feel the recent change the board and or older members made to step up and help clean up was a good one and I don't think I need to mention any name... already an improvement, and hope fully some of the old and wise members that are in the shadows will come back and start posting again. And one shot nailed it...some times the bar needs to be set. And this rookie is all for it.. The one and only Excalibur Forum............
Very true Bubba. Well said. :)