daco parts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

daco parts

Post by munch »

anyone have an idea where a guy might buy a limb assessable for a daco scorpion
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Boo

Re: daco parts

Post by Boo »

munch wrote:anyone have an idea where a guy might buy a limb assessable for a daco scorpion
You'll need a time machine or do a B & E. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote:
munch wrote:anyone have an idea where a guy might buy a limb assessable for a daco scorpion
You'll need a time machine or do a B & E. :mrgreen:
Sorry, but that assembly is the same as was used with the orginal Relayer. That single limb is very difficult to come across. About two times a year someone asks were they might be able to find a limb.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Tom are your's taped up now? I got one from Danny a few years ago and the limbs were all taped up so that when splinters did appear they didn't poke.
Terry, what is wrong with your limbs?
Tom

Post by Tom »

With those limbs, the more they are used, they get true splinters, not what people claim happen too Excalibur limbs of today. If you were to leave them strong for long periods of time, they would splinter. My limb has small amounts of tape just for extra support to help stop splinters from starting (my spare limb has none).
Tom
munch

Post by munch »

Boo wrote:Tom are your's taped up now? I got one from Danny a few years ago and the limbs were all taped up so that when splinters did appear they didn't poke.
Terry, what is wrong with your limbs?
Don I bought a stock today for a 1022 to camo dip and yhe fellow have me the Saco stock still has stickers on it and is in nice shape real nice wood for the age . There was no front end on it though
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Tom

Post by Tom »

Terry, the astro daco stocks were very nice looking, some would even say, pretty. There are more of these stocks available as it is the limb which fail and can not be replaced. I have posted pics of an astro daco limb before on here but right now do not have access to it.

Tom
Tom
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Tom

Post by Tom »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... o&start=15

Is a link about an earlier thread on astro daco. Hope this shows you what you might need.

Oh yea, ....... If you ever get a limb and shoot it, you will never complain about an Excalibur trigger LOL ever again.

Tom
Tom
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

If you can’t find a daco limb you might be-able to modify the stock to use an Excalibur riser . I have been wanting to build something like that with the take off riser and limbs from my custom vixen . Low poundage for small game and bow fishing . Keeps getting put on the back burner due to life :lol: . Good luck on your search .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Guys,I have an almost complete Astro Daco Hornet that I would be more than willing to offer in some sort of trade for the same Scorpion limb.
I do not have a string for the Hornet.
Good old Digger was the one who gave me the Scorpion stock prior to his passing and it is in literally mint condition.
Tom and I have chatted in the past about trying to locate one-worse than trying to find hens teeth,so they say!LOL!!
I have been a member here for quite a long time and do not always sign in when I check the activity around the various sites,but I do check in on what is going on regularly.
So,there you go!
Anyone with that Scorpion limb please stand up!
Bob
Bob Vandrish.
Boo

Post by Boo »

BOB VANDRISH wrote:Guys,I have an almost complete Astro Daco Hornet that I would be more than willing to offer in some sort of trade for the same Scorpion limb.
I do not have a string for the Hornet.
Good old Digger was the one who gave me the Scorpion stock prior to his passing and it is in literally mint condition.
Tom and I have chatted in the past about trying to locate one-worse than trying to find hens teeth,so they say!LOL!!
I have been a member here for quite a long time and do not always sign in when I check the activity around the various sites,but I do check in on what is going on regularly.
So,there you go!
Anyone with that Scorpion limb please stand up!
Bob
Bob! How are you? Long time, no see!
Tom

Post by Tom »

MI Yeti wrote:If you can’t find a daco limb you might be-able to modify the stock to use an Excalibur riser . I have been wanting to build something like that with the take off riser and limbs from my custom vixen . Low poundage for small game and bow fishing . Keeps getting put on the back burner due to life :lol: . Good luck on your search .
This sounds like a very nice project, but I would not personally do it. The trigger system is, lets say, very very terrible. Twice I have taken my Astro Daco Scorpion to BooFest to show what the trigger was like before Excalibur.

The trigger is 12lbs and you also need to push a button in on the back of the stock at the same time as squeezing the trigger. For accuracy, you should be expecting a 5" group at 20 yards. I very seldom ever shoot that bow as it is work and the trigger will leave an indent in your finger :lol: .

If you do all that work, you will have ruined a stock (you might happen to find a limb, does not have to be a great limb if only for the wall) and not have a bow which is fun to shoot. I would invest your money into a used Excal for what your wanting.

Bob, good to hear from you again, I guess there is more people after the limb we are also looking for :D :lol: :lol:

Tom
Tom
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i picked up a Hornet a while back as well as purchasing an extra limb. the trigger was heavy. the red safety lever when pushed would make the xbow fire once in a few shots.someone bought the stock from me for a project. still have a good condition Hornet limb if someones looking.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Tom,I would like to find an esthetically reasonably good looking limb,and this Scorpion would be relegated to being a wall hanger.
I know what they are like to fire as I did have the Hornet out for a test shot or two!
I am spoiled by the job that Don did on the trigger on my regular shooting bow,the Phoenix.
So much so that I took every one of my rifles and teaked them all to around a 3 lb pull,and some even less!
If anybody does reply to my offer, this is a heads up to let everyone know that I am off for an 11 day trip south of here tomorrow morning,and may not respond in a timely manner.
My wife tells me that sending an email off of a ship can be over $7 a pop!
Talk to anyone when I get back on the 8th.
Nice to hear from a couple of the old guard!
As we all know,getting older goes with the territory!
Bob
Bob Vandrish.