Canadian outfitter killed by Cape Buffalo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steven in England

Canadian outfitter killed by Cape Buffalo

Post by steven in England »

Check the thread.
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/tf/bgfor ... S=24&FF=18
Just goes to show how dangerous these animals are, I wish Bill T a safe hunt and journey as will be facing one as we speak.
Steven
Steven in England
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

...very sad. :(
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Tommie

Post by Tommie »

Sorry for the outfitter...

For the hunters:

It's part of the game, sad but true. We are not the only species, which is able to kill others...

Like the Germans said in WW2: "Giving death, taking death..."
claude

Post by claude »

he was the hunter on this hunt they were hunting lesser kudu they
didn't even the buf was there until it hit him his funeral is tomorrow
he leaves behind two daughters 17 & 20 he lived a life most of us
could only wish for he was very well educated and a excellent speaker.
he was almost solely responsible for the reinstating of B.C.s grizzly
season
claude

Post by claude »

his name was bob fontana a quote he was credited with was
every man dies not every man lives
elkvalleykid

Post by elkvalleykid »

hello, yes it was very horrible news when my family and the rest of the world found out about Bobby. I remember him from my dad being a guide working for him, staying up all night listening to the stories they would tell in base-camp. Pee-Wee (Bob's uncle, and camp cook) was with him at the time, and i remember how he told us all at the funeral how it happened. pee-wee and bob had a great bond and we know that there will be something missing whenever we see pee-wee without bobby. thank you to everyone for showing your thoughts and prayers, I know anna and bob's daughters are greatful for everything anyone does. Bob Fontana was a man that thought of himself of 10 feet tall and bulletproof. I still see that image of him. bob has adopted this statement;every man dies, not every man lives. Bob Fontana lived. whenever i am out in his territory "Fontanaland" i will remember the outspoken and well-respected man.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Cape buffalo are very smart & dangerous. Robert Ruark said they always look at you "like you owe them money" :) . A friend was a guide in Zimbabwe for a number of years. I built quite a few heavy caliber rifles for him & his clients. He told me some amazing buff stories that would raise your hair. They (wounded) would circle back & lay on their blood trail knowing they were being followed. My friend alway carried a .577 double as a back up for his clients when hunting. It's tragic, but I would bet he'd rather have his ticket punched by a cape buffalo on a hunt, than a drunk driver back in Canada.
Greg