O/T Got a Nice Deal Yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

O/T Got a Nice Deal Yesterday

Post by IronNoggin »

So, The Missuz calls part way through the afternoon. Her store is getting ready to set up their "As Is" table where they toss the goods with damaged packages on for some serious mark downs.

Our phones have been on the fritz for about 2 months now, and she suggested I "get my butt down there" and collect the 4 pack of High End phones - regularly a couple hundred clams, marked down to 25!! :shock:
On My Way!!

When I got there, she coyly suggested I "might want to take a look" at some of the other products they were downlisting. Immediately my eye found a set of Stealth Cam Trail Cameras - regularly 280 clams, reduced to 60 :shock: :shock:
What's wrong with them I queried. Package was opened, irreparably damaged. They come with the standard Warranty!! Needless to say I snapped them Right Up!! :wink:

Got them home, loaded them up with batteries and cards, and set them out in the back yard for my pack to investigate. Damn Good Video of the Three Amigos prancing around the yard!! Nice Start...

Now, for one of the first times in my life, I am anxiously awaiting nightfall! Should they take even semi-decent videos in the dark, I will be One Happy Camper!! :twisted:

Although they ain't the Best quality cam out there, for the price point, I wish they had four or five more sets!! :lol:

Gotta LOVE That Gal, and the awesome way She looks after me sometimes!!

Sorry about the Off Topic. Simply HAD to share with someone!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mr meat

Re: O/T Got a Nice Deal Yesterday

Post by mr meat »

Sounds like some great deals!! Congrats!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

It's right on topic for me.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It's all good Nog, hug the Mrs. She's a sweetheart, good score!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a great deal!
Not off topic, now you can scout (with the new cam), make a crossbow kill, then call your friends (on the new phone) to help you drag the critters out. :lol:
wabi
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

wabi wrote:Sounds like a great deal!
Not off topic, now you can scout (with the new cam), make a crossbow kill, then call your friends (on the new phone) to help you drag the critters out. :lol:
That sounds like a plan! :D
Kudo's on the super deal Nog!!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

wabi wrote:Sounds like a great deal!
PERFECT!! :lol:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
bubba

Post by bubba »

Of all things in this life a lot come and go.... But having a good woman and partner is the greatest gift of all !! I've got mine, looks like you got one your self..........YAAAAA BUDDDDY....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Twilight & Full Dark tests complete on the cams.

Houston... We have a WINNER!! :D

Two of them actually! That will fit rather nice with our plans of working a new-to-us area for next fall. 800 acres bordering on Fully Protected Land with a recognized "over-population" of Blacktails!! :wink:

Oh Man do I ever wish it was early fall again!! :twisted:

Cheers!
Nog
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats to a great deal with help of yer Mrs.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Now that is sweet. Time to repay the misses to a nice dinner.

congrats
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Talltines wrote:Now that is sweet. Time to repay the misses to a nice dinner.
Every Single Night! :D

I'd be the Chief Cook & Bottlewasher around here, and some say I actually know what I'm doing when it comes down to tossing out a nice spread of vittles! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
Canuck Archer

Post by Canuck Archer »

Happy wife , happy life, but in this case it sounds like the Missus has turned the tables. You definitely have a good one...
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Canuck Archer wrote:Happy wife , happy life, but in this case it sounds like the Missus has turned the tables.
To some extent she has, and does on a more frequent basis than I likely deserve. :mrgreen:

Little clarification on my previous post:
Deal we made when we got hitched - I was trained as a Chef way back when (did not take long to figure out I preferred doing this for myself over others :wink: ) and always did like cooking. On the other side of the coin, I literally detest doing dishes! So we struck a deal - I cook, she cleans up after - that has worked for us well for 30+ years now.
You definitely have a good one...
That Sir is Very Much TRUE! :D

Ran the cams in picture burst mode today. Worked just fine. Wasn't really that much of a concern as I run 32 gig chips in all my cams, and they are always set to Video... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
westcoastruss

Post by westcoastruss »

Wow, great buy Nog. Like you and your wife, I do the cooking and she cleans the dishes. What a great trade-off!
Matrix 380 Xtra
Big John Zombie Slayers
Toxic broadheads
Red & White Xcaliber strings - Oh Canada!
"Y" Munch Mount
Trigger Tech trigger