Illuminated nock for Micro 335 help??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

Illuminated nock for Micro 335 help??

Post by drkeenan »

I've added an ATN Shot Trac to my ne Micri 335. I'm not happy with the video because it's difficult to see the arrow flight. That said, I think it's time for illuminated nock's.

I would appreciate any advice keeping the following in mind.
1. I've avoided illuminated nocks in the past in part do to their high price point.
2. I'd like a slightly shorter quill because my stock quills are outside the stirrup when I install my Spitfire Broad heads
3. I want to stay with a 100 grain BH. I'm not married to them however I have a bunch and don't want to buy more.

Thanks
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
miller1buc

Re: Illuminated nock for Micro 335 help??

Post by miller1buc »

I just bought some Nockturnals to put on the quills the came with my Micro. Not that impressed with them. Of the package of 3, all seems to perform different. One would turn on by pushing the rear plate of the nock and would turn off when pulling that retraftable plate out. One would turn on when pressing the back plate but wouldnt turn off when pulling it out. I had to take a knife tip and slide the inner part out slightly. The Third would not do anything in relation to the back plate and was basically junk. I could slide the inner part with a knife to turn it on and off but what good is that. I will never buy these again.

I bought the Lumenok firebolts for my Ibex when I had it. They seemed very solid and dependable. Once on, you had to get a pair of pliers to slight pull out on the nock to turn them off. But they seemed much better made to me.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Doesn't matter what camera you use, an illum arrow is a must if you want to see the arrow flight on camera. I'm happy with Lumenok's. A pair of the pliers Boo is hawking is a better alternative than ordinary pliers for turning the Lumenoks off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukduk99OPn8
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ehntr wrote:Doesn't matter what camera you use, an illum arrow is a must if you want to see the arrow flight on camera. I'm happy with Lumenok's. A pair of the pliers Boo is hawking is a better alternative than ordinary pliers for turning the Lumenoks off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukduk99OPn8

....absolutely agree with enthr...You will not get a smooth flight video with a cam because of the recoil...the Lumenoks have served me well...been able to follow every "arra" to and through the deer with a Lumenok "lighthouse" caboosing my ZS...You will need an "arra" puller to extinquish the Lumenok light...(I suggest Danny Miller's)...or you can go with the Nu-Fletch Ignitors with have a little different setup and can they can be extinguished much easier...the different is in the weight..28g for the Lumenoks and 39g for the Ignitors...I prefer the Ignitors for the ease they provide but you cannot go wrong with either...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Lumenoks for me as well.. Solid and always work....

As far as turning them off..Really simple, no pliers needed either. All you need is one of those rubber round sausage like arrow pullers to turn them off...

Basically put the back half of the arrow up to the fletching into the gripper and hold it solid and wiggle your wrist up and down to turn them off.. That simple

Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GrassyKnoll wrote:Lumenoks for me as well.. Solid and always work....

As far as turning them off..Really simple, no pliers needed either. All you need is one of those rubber round sausage like arrow pullers to turn them off...

Basically put the back half of the arrow up to the fletching into the gripper and hold it solid and wiggle your wrist up and down to turn them off.. That simple

....just curious Ed, are you able to remove those 15" Micro bullets from a target also with your "sausage like" arrow puller....I find that the DM Arra puller works for everything!....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

It depends on how much penetration I get.... on the target.... I use those Hurricane bags and frequently pounce on them to keep them fluffed so the arrows don't go too deep..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Looks like lumenocks. Can you recommend a source to buy quills with lumenocks which are ready to go??
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GrassyKnoll wrote:It depends on how much penetration I get.... on the target.... I use those Hurricane bags and frequently pounce on them to keep them fluffed so the arrows don't go too deep..

...I just find my "arra" puller to have all around good usage...but I like the "sausage puller" for the woods...lighter and cheap if I lose...thanks Ed!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

drkeenan wrote:Looks like lumenocks. Can you recommend a source to buy quills with lumenocks which are ready to go??
Thats the problem I was talking about in another thread. They are hard to come by right now. Only a couple places online has them and I have yet to find a brick and mortar dealer that has them(Been at different shops in Tn, VA & OH).

Here are the 2 places I have found them so far:
http://woodyssportinggoods.com/index.ph ... s_id=10642

http://www.walnutcreekoutdoors.com/Exca ... 16il-3.htm

Good Luck

Post by newbie »

order the correct size and put them in yourself. Easy. Heat rear insert and pull it out then press in the luminok.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

drkeenan wrote:I've added an ATN Shot Trac to my ne Micri 335. I'm not happy with the video because it's difficult to see the arrow flight. That said, I think it's time for illuminated nock's.

I would appreciate any advice keeping the following in mind.
1. I've avoided illuminated nocks in the past in part do to their high price point.
2. I'd like a slightly shorter quill because my stock quills are outside the stirrup when I install my Spitfire Broad heads
3. I want to stay with a 100 grain BH. I'm not married to them however I have a bunch and don't want to buy more.

Thanks
Newbie gave you an option.

Another one. Seems you want arrows shorter than factory quills anyway? You could buy some Diablos or Firebolts with Lumenocks already installed and cut them down to whatever length you want. Remove the inserts by installing a FP, heating the FP until you can remove the insert. Cut arrow to size. Re-install insert. You need an arrow saw to do this right. If you do not have an arrow saw remove inserts and have a pro-shop or a buddy with an arrow saw cut them to size for you. There is no getting around the problem of removing inserts on your factory quills if you want to install Lumenoks in them. If you want to stick with 100gr broadheads, throw away the inserts you took out and replace them with heavier brass inserts. If you don't want to do any of this stuff.............a custom arrow maker. Making your own arrows is way better.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?

Post by newbie »

Sorry I didn't read shorter arrow. Now all the bases are covered.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Thanks for the help. Would a band saw at perfect 90 degrees work to cut bolts???
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

no you will fray the ends. you can get the one you by them from to cut them for you.
W.M.