Stringing the Exomag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dsd48

Stringing the Exomag

Post by dsd48 »

I have recently ordered an Exomag and will be picking it up in a few days.
Will I have to be concerned about unstringing the bow after I sight it in and practice. I am not sure if this is something that has to be done each time you put the bow away. Our deer season is two months away.
Digger

Post by Digger »

I unstring my xbow only when I'm not going use it for more than a couple of weeks, others I know don't unstring theirs for months on end and they still shoot straight. Just remember to remove the rubber pads from your disapator bars when you unstring you xbow for any length of time, they tend to go out of shape if left on the xbow.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
dsd48

Xbow stringing issue solved

Post by dsd48 »

Thank you, Digger, for your help. I also learned about the FAQ page on the Excalibur site which was very helpful. I am new to archery, but got the bug last deer season when I accompanied a friend on his hunt. This year the gun will remain in the cabinet.
PRB

Post by PRB »

dsd48, welcome, and congradulations on your new purchase. There is some guys on this forum with several years of experience under theyre belt with these crossbows, that can give you a very accurate answer to almost any question you might have. At least its been really great results for me. Then there is some guys on here that like to act crazy, but I cant think of any right now :roll: For what its worth, I have left mine strung up, since I bought it(aprox 6 months ago). I dont belive that its been hurt at all. Be sure to watch the video that comes with it. Its very informative. I believe that Bill T. says in the video that you might want to unstring it, if you are going to not be shooting it for long periods of time, for example leaving it strung up between seasons without shooting it, is not a good idea, or something to that effect. Be safe, and enjoy. :D
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!