dry fire accessery?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dtoggs

dry fire accessery?

Post by dtoggs »

:P Is there a dry fire mechanism available? I know dry firing is a no no on a compound bow,assume the sme is true lfor a cross bow. I was wonder ing if there was a devise such as a shock absorber arrow(hydraulic) that could lbe anchored some way to the stock for testing and practice? :?:
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

The only dry fire accessory for the excals, that I am aware of, is being careful :D

Having said that I am guilty of dryfires, and assume that others on here are also :D

IMO, the excal bows are built well enough to withstand a certain amount of dryfires, but .... YOU MUST ... check your limbs ... VERY CAREFULLY ... after a misfire, IMO, to insure no damage has occurred :D

Just remember that the best support/advice in the world is just a phone call or e-mail away to Dan or Excalservice :)

leo
striper

Post by striper »

I think most of us have had the misfortune of dryfiring our Excals at one time or another. I know the Parker has a safety that prevents the x-bow from firing unless a bolt is in place. Could that be added to the Excal's design or does it add another complicated mechanism that could fail at the wrong time? Just curious, since the dryfiring question comes up about once a month.Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
PRB

Post by PRB »

In addition to the above, the greater(higher) pounds on the limbs(Exomax), then the greater chance for damage, and in lesser amounts of repeated times its dry fired, vs the lesser the limbs pounds(Vixen), then this one stands a much better chance of recieving much less damage, even after several dryfires. This is not an exact quote, but a fairly accurate description from the best of my memory from a very experienced indavidual. "Knock on wood", I've not dry fired mine YET.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!

Post by Guest »

Can the shooter be injured when he fires a crossbow that he hasn't checked after a dry shot?
brendan

Post by brendan »

After the dryfire on my older exomag the damage to the limb was not apparent. Three shots later it the split in the tip severed the string which took off over my right shoulder and dug a chunk out of my friend's arm. Not serious but it hurt and bled a bit.