Summits new rapid climb stirrups for climbing stands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Summits new rapid climb stirrups for climbing stands

Post by BryanOney »

Anyone try these on a stand yet. Did you like them as compared to the strap that has been coming with their stands for years. I have trouble getting my feet back it the regular straps between wearing a lot of clothes when it is cold and my large belly when I want to get down out of a tree. They look like they would be an improvement over the strap.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

gotta pic?

I'd like to see 'em.

Mike
striper

Post by striper »

Bryan: I would like to see a picture also. If I have a criticism of the Summit, it is the stirrups. With winter clothing and heavy boots, it is tough getting your boots in the present stirrups to climb up or down the tree and I don't have a big belly! Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

same complaint with my Warren & Sweat.

I updated to a beefier strap but it is still not ideal....
BryanOney

Summits rapid climb stirrups

Post by BryanOney »

I have been seeing pictures of them in deer hunting magazines. There is a pic of them in the deer and deer hunting deer hunting equipment edition I just got in the mail. It is on page 48. I am not good at tech, but my wife is. I will try to post a pic this evening when she gets home. I will take a pic of the magazine with a digital camera and see if wife can post it. The rapid climb stirrups look like they are bolt on additions that could be added to an older stand. In the magazine pic they are bolted to the side of the stand on the angled bar that comes up from the stand platform on the side. I cannot tell if they are metal or plastic. It looks like they may pivot around to be out of the way when you sit in the stand. They do look like they would be rigid so you would not have to bend over and pull them up to get your boots in them. The stirrups themselves are cresent/oval shaped with no bottom so they fit over your boot well/easily. I am going to email Summit to see if they are available to add on to old stands.
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

http://www.summitstands.com/

Go to this link for a pic :D

leo

Post by Guest »

looks like an easy upgrade worth trying.

Mike
BryanOney

Summit Rapid climb stirrups

Post by BryanOney »

Leo and Guest, good pick up on finding the pic on the Summit website. You lowered my blood pressure since I will not have to try and post a pic. The idea of trying to post a pic was causing me some serious shrinkage and puckering. I just ordered a pair of stirrups for my Summit Viper from Summit. There phone no. is on their website. I sure wish Amacker treestands had customer service as good. The stirrups were 26 dollars and some change with tax and shipping. I think they will be very helpful to this fat boy.
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

No problem Bryan :)

Linking is eaiser and quicker than posting on here :wink:

One question I hear concerning using them is, will it get in the way of putting the stand together for back carring :?:

Let us know how yours work on your viper :D

leo
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

No problem Bryan :)

Linking is eaiser and quicker than posting on here :wink:

One question I here on using them is will it have an efect on putting the stand together for back carring :?:

Let us know how yours work on your viper :D

leo

WOOOPS :oops: :oops:
confederate

Post by confederate »

I ordered a set for one of my Vioers. They dont fit at the right angle on the older version stands. If you will notice, Summit has a curve in the Bar they are attached to on this years models. They would work on the older models but I dont care for them. If you buy a this years model the would probably be great.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
BryanOney

New Summit Stirrups

Post by BryanOney »

Got the stirrups from Summit today. Put them on my Summit Viper. I see several problems with them, so I did not care for them. Firstly, I have to agree with confederate that the stirrups do not work so well on older stands since the angle on the bar on the side of the stand is different than on the new stands designed to use the stirrups. This causes the stirrup to not fit your foot so well. The stirrup itself is made of plastic. It flexes a bit more than I would like it to when I climb. In my mind it could really stand to be more rigid. The bungy cord that comes with the stirrups does not anchor anywhere in the center of the stand so when the back of your boots are engaged with the cord, the whole cord is parallel to your heels which left me feeling insecure about the stand falling off my feet while climbing. The stirrups are located on a position on the stand where I like to put my size 12 feet. They are in the way. For the above reasons, I have taken them off my stand and will use the old system with the help of an 18 inch rod with a hook on the end to help me engage my feet in the stand. The stirrups did not interfere with the stands coming together when they are transported.