FedEx $75 to ship my Micro back

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: FedEx $75 to ship my Micro back

Post by flightattendant100 »

strum wrote:dang I hate that for you man..the up side is Dan will have it back to in record time..you may be surprised!!
When Danny sends it back, look to see who he used to ship and what the cost was. Danny will use the most cost effective way...promise.
otisbrazwell

Re: UPS. $75 to ship my Micro back

Post by otisbrazwell »

Boo wrote:
otisbrazwell wrote:u.s.postoffice will not ship a crossbow or any other weapon here in rhode island..they send you to ups (brown truck) and they ship it broke down for $35 with insurance..maybe im making a mistake by telling them what im shipping?
You mean if you label it "Archery Equipment" USPS won't ship?

..funny thing the mail man has delivered crossbows & muzzle loaders to my door..i just go to ups now because they don't bust my nutz shipping gear :D

BTW, anything shipped across a border for repairs and that is returning should not be charged duty. This is assuming the declaration is done properly.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

flightattendant100 wrote:
strum wrote:dang I hate that for you man..the up side is Dan will have it back to in record time..you may be surprised!!
When Danny sends it back, look to see who he used to ship and what the cost was. Danny will use the most cost effective way...promise.
Danny originally sent it UPS to me which is why I told my wife to send it UPS.
Amazing the package store sent it FedEx and didn't even tell my wife...next time I bring it straight to UPS or FedEx.
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Just a funny, NO sad followup for my product shipment of $20 to Canada that cost me $11 to ship...

.....I went to our local bank today to deposit the money order...since it is a foreign money order....they said it will take 6 to 8 weeks before the $20 is deposited and there could be fees charged.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

.....I am DONE shipping to Canada unless I am in a charitable mood, which does happen...because it just is not worth it!

Anthony :)

PS...sorry to hijack the thread...but it is part of a same topic!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

amythntr wrote:....Just a funny, NO sad followup for my product shipment of $20 to Canada that cost me $11 to ship...

.....I went to our local bank today to deposit the money order...since it is a foreign money order....they said it will take 6 to 8 weeks before the $20 is deposited and there could be fees charged.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

.....I am DONE shipping to Canada unless I am in a charitable mood, which does happen...because it just is not worth it!

PS...sorry to hijack the thread...but it is part of a same topic!
It's really is a shame because most Americans I know don't even relate to Canada like its a "foreign" country. More like our "relatives" up north. When I worked in Detroit we used to sometimes go to Canada for lunch! Such restrictions in shipping and trade seem nonsensical to me.
ch312

Re: UPS. $75 to ship my Micro back

Post by ch312 »

coolhl wrote:
torana9x wrote:It cost me $42 AUD to send my limbs back to Canada.
Half way around the world!!!!
In the last month I have made 3 separate orders on Amazon with the items coming from China and shipping has been completely free, even on the $9 order that was the size of a box of work boots.

It really makes you wonder why shipping costs are so expensive, especially when crossing the US/Canada border.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Amen Coolhl and Ch312....so true...what the heck is going on here? :shock: :shock:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Well at least shipping inside of the U.S. is not to expensive, here in Canada shipping is outrageous which makes buying online inside Canada not worth it .
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Canuck Archer

Post by Canuck Archer »

Both USPS and CAN Post are the only way I ship. The others are too expensive...
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....so just to put an exclamation point on my decision not to ship to Canada anymore....The bank finally accepted and deposited my $20 Canadian money order( three weeks later) and deposited into our office account.

....and took an $8 fee....so here is the summary.

Selling price $20,
Shipping fee 10.75
money order fee $8.00

my net $1.25....

There is something wrong with this...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup my Bank showed me a notice on Canadian M Orders. Said it would cost me $5 fer every one i get to deposit. So i figured it up quickly, a $14 string thats costs me about 1 $ to mail =$13 - $5 which goes to Bank, now is $8 then anudder $3 fer material & i get $5. See everyone wants to share in the sale, :lol: Its jus a sweet deal fer all.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

The US to Canada options are very limited today using USPS.

I used to be able to ship a deer call to Canada 1st class & insured for about $7.

Now they do not offer insurance on any shipping method that costs less than $29.25 (Priority International) Add the insurance (for a $40. item) and it's $31.70 to ship it.

If it gets lost (all too common lately) they will only refund the actual value of the item being shipped ($40.00) So the $31.70 is lost! If I would value the call at $71.70 and offer "free" shipping the buyer would get hit with more tax/duty because it's over $50.00, so it would cost $71.70 + tax/duties. Not a bargain for even one of my calls. :lol:

Shipping to Canada just isn't an option as I see it. :(
wabi
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

amythntr wrote:....so just to put an exclamation point on my decision not to ship to Canada anymore....The bank finally accepted and deposited my $20 Canadian money order( three weeks later) and deposited into our office account.

....and took an $8 fee....so here is the summary.

Selling price $20,
Shipping fee 10.75
money order fee $8.00

my net $1.25....

There is something wrong with this...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bank drafts in American dollars can be purchased in Canada from Canadian banks. That should eliminate "service fees" or "processing fees". Just make sure your Canadian friend presents you with a draft in American dollars.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I sent a recurve bow disassembled to the states for $37

Do not use FedEx UPS or Purolator they are premium prices always use postal service
Tenpoint Matrix
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Dereck wrote:I sent a recurve bow disassembled to the states for $37

Do not use FedEx UPS or Purolator they are premium prices always use postal service
...everything was handled through the US Postal Service...that is where the $10.75 came from...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings