FedEx $75 to ship my Micro back

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Re: UPS. $75 to ship my Micro back

Post by 8ptbuk »

So if you buy a new Excal and its got a problem , you have to pay shipping back to have it repaired ???
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

8ptbuk wrote:So if you buy a new Excal and its got a problem , you have to pay shipping back to have it repaired ???
I have no problem whatsoever paying to ship it back..I don't expect or want Excalibur to absorb any of that cost......what I do expect is for UPS to have a reasonable charge for residential users....but the UPS charge for residential customers is absolutely ridiculous and I don't want anyone else to get burned. norm
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

How did you ship it. Did you ship the whole bow? How big was the box. I made the mistake of having my brother sent out a package for me and it too cost me a lot. Those little add-on's can kill you cost wise.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

coolhl wrote:For you guys in the continental USA how do you ship your bows back for repairs. UPS charged my wife $75 to ship ground with insurance for $700.
Shipping from north Florida to Ohio.... Sounds steep to me.....unless you are a business it has gotten so expensive to ship UPS....next time will try FedEX unless you guys have a better idea.
Norm
Don't know all the specifics but it sounds like you got hosed. Insurance is 1 dollar per 100 insured. Would have to check with my office girl but I can't imagine that a 10 lb. box shipped ground would be 60 dollars. As for the customs duties. The government sets the rate and the shipping companies pay the price. The Post Office gets a huge discount.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

agingcrossbower wrote:How did you ship it. Did you ship the whole bow? How big was the box. I made the mistake of having my brother sent out a package for me and it too cost me a lot. Those little add-on's can kill you cost wise.
I shipped the whole bow broken down minus the scope in the same exact box Danny shipped to me insured for $700.
Once again, my complaint is solely against UPS. I am absolutely delighted by the PROMPT response by Danny Miller/EXCALIBUR.
I really love my Micro. At 61 years old I feel like a 10 year old with his first BB gun shooting it :wink:
norm
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I paid about $28 to ship mine from Alabama to Woody's in PA, and that included $1000 insured value. I disassembled the front end and shipped the whole bow back in the original Excal shipping box. We have a UPS facility in my town so I take it straight to their counter. If you go to a 3rd party place and have them arrange the UPS shipment they're going to charge you an arm and a leg, the middleman wants his cut too. My buddy had to send his exploded Barnett back, and he had it packed and everything and I think it was Mailboxes Etc wanted somewhere around $70 to ship it, so he took it straight to UPS and it was about $25.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

u.s.postoffice will not ship a crossbow or any other weapon here in rhode island..they send you to ups (brown truck) and they ship it broke down for $35 with insurance..maybe im making a mistake by telling them what im shipping?
coolhl

Re: FedEx $75 to ship my Micro back

Post by coolhl »

PLEASE NOTE I ORIGINALLY POSTED UPS AS THE CARRIER SINCE I TOLD MY WIFE TO SHIP IT UPS AND NOW THAT I LOOK AT THE BILL IT WAS SHIPPED FEDEX.
SHE TOLD THE SHIPPING STORE TO SEND IT UPS. THERE IS NO UPS OR FEDEX FACILITY HERE. WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH A SHIPPING STORE. IN ANY EVENT
IT WAS INSURED FOR $700 AND PACKAGE WEIGHT 11.2 LBS.
the other problem could be they listed Danny Millers business as a residential address....
my apologies for badmouthing UPS.
Boo

Post by Boo »

otisbrazwell wrote:u.s.postoffice will not ship a crossbow or any other weapon here in rhode island..they send you to ups (brown truck) and they ship it broke down for $35 with insurance..maybe im making a mistake by telling them what im shipping?
You mean if you label it "Archery Equipment" USPS won't ship?

BTW, anything shipped across a border for repairs and that is returning should not be charged duty. This is assuming the declaration is done properly.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Kegbelly wrote:I paid about $28 to ship mine from Alabama to Woody's in PA, and that included $1000 insured value. I disassembled the front end and shipped the whole bow back in the original Excal shipping box. We have a UPS facility in my town so I take it straight to their counter. If you go to a 3rd party place and have them arrange the UPS shipment they're going to charge you an arm and a leg, the middleman wants his cut too. My buddy had to send his exploded Barnett back, and he had it packed and everything and I think it was Mailboxes Etc wanted somewhere around $70 to ship it, so he took it straight to UPS and it was about $25.
The price you quoted to ship your bow sounds about right. A word of advise to all the forum members. If at all possible,always take your pkg directly to a UPS facility to ship. UPS adds a big surcharge to come to your door to retrieve the pkg. Like Keg said, 3rd party shippers also add a hefty surcharge.
Zombie Slayers
Boo String
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Here in the country of Quebec :wink: I never pay for insurance because Canada Post will do anything and everything not to pay you so it's not worth the extra money.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Coolhl, I'm betting that she also paid for 1 or 2 day overnight,at the price you posted. Like I said in Keg's quote, 25 -28 dollars insured sounds about right to me.
Zombie Slayers
Boo String
strum

Post by strum »

dang I hate that for you man..the up side is Dan will have it back to in record time..you may be surprised!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Kegbelly wrote:I paid about $28 to ship mine from Alabama to Woody's in PA, and that included $1000 insured value. I disassembled the front end and shipped the whole bow back in the original Excal shipping box. We have a UPS facility in my town so I take it straight to their counter. If you go to a 3rd party place and have them arrange the UPS shipment they're going to charge you an arm and a leg, the middleman wants his cut too. My buddy had to send his exploded Barnett back, and he had it packed and everything and I think it was Mailboxes Etc wanted somewhere around $70 to ship it, so he took it straight to UPS and it was about $25.

Bingo, I think you got it right...my wife took it to a Mailbox type place and not only did they send it FedEx instead of UPS but took a huge cut...I ship live animals through FedEx overnight delivery through their main facility in a nearby city and FedEx has done GREAT by me.....I don't mean to badmouth FedEx or UPS, but these package/shipping stores that act as middlemen are like these "Doc-in-the-box" medical facilities in the USA, they are not going to let you leave without a big bill...
my mistake alone...
Norm
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

I checked on the FedEx website
without insurance $22.53
lesson learned....only go to a FedEx or UPS facility...no "shipping/box stores"....
norm