MNR Harvest Report

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

MNR Harvest Report

Post by Boo »

I hope everyone fills their's in. That and reported road kills is probably the only way the MNR are deciding on additional tags and doe tags.
One thing that burns me is that we have to provide the stamp? Seriously? So, I sent mine in without a stamp and without putting a return address! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Canuck Archer

Re: MNR Harvest Report

Post by Canuck Archer »

I hate to admit it, but our MNR is a joke. They are run by the votes coming out of Toronto and haven't had an original idea since 1950..... :oops:
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Boo wrote:I hope everyone fills their's in. That and reported road kills is probably the only way the MNR are deciding on additional tags and doe tags.
One thing that burns me is that we have to provide the stamp? Seriously? So, I sent mine in without a stamp and without putting a return address! :D
Or just fill in the MNR address from the front in place of the return address! :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

I was employed by the MNR in 97, I seen first hand how much of a "joke" they really can be! :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

The "joke", as it were, starts at the top with the Premier and then the minister. When they accept millions of dollars of donations from a plastic mold company that was against bear hunting, resulting in the death of the spring bear hunt, the government becomes no more than a prostitute.
Our rapidly declining numbers of hunting licences make it easy worse.
Not to defend the MNR, but graduating from Sir Sandford Fleming College as a Forestry Technician and on occasion working with a CO who's office I shared as an Assistant Park Superintendent, I know it's not all to be blamed on the MNR itself. Also, having first hand knowledge by way of battling with the MOE for the last 3 years I see more of how things work and I place more emphasis on the Premier.
The Premiers all are concerned with future votes rather than doing the right thing. Bottom line, it's all about the money and power. Money for the next election. We hunters are a declining number so we are a declining vote. The Premiers hand down directives and they are followed if the ministers of the various ministries get the boot.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Don this is a double edged sword for them the fiberals . On one hand they want to make the anti-hunting crowd happy by reducing the number of tags . But on the other it is a very large cash cow for their personal projects . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:Don this is a double edged sword for them the fiberals . On one hand they want to make the anti-hunting crowd happy by reducing the number of tags . But on the other it is a very large cash cow for their personal projects . :shock:
We should all get a home pregnancy test with out tax returns. Maybe a home STD test kit too! :roll:
galamb

Post by galamb »

I did both my Deer and Bear survey "on-line" - no stamp, no wasted ink from my pen.

And as an added bonus, this was the only on-line interaction I had with the MNR recently that didn't cost me a $2 convenience fee (plus HST of course) :lol:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Boo

Post by Boo »

galamb wrote:(plus HST of course) :lol:
Yeah, what's with the HST? And while we're at it, why do we have to pay HST for postage? :roll: What a rip!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

We should all get a home pregnancy test with our tax returns. Maybe a home STD test kit too! :roll:
It is a shame . They love our money for all kinds of different licenses . Be it driving , hunting or fishing . But they don`t want to spend a dime from those fees for us . :?
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Did mine online also!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Nothing ever changes whether I fill out a report or not.
I don't waste my time.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

im getting frustrated listening and reading hunter comments about the mnr biologists. It seems the folks I hear and read would prefer they abandon Science altogether in favour of anecdotal rash judgements. This notion is stupid of you ask me, just plain stupid.

The basis of science are trends in data, not joe blow from Timmin seeing less moose for a couple years. I understand that it's frustrating that they need to see a 5 or 10 year trend before they make a major move but what s the alternative? Guessing.....no thanks. Unless someone here is floating a a better new way for humanity to evaluate its surroundings, I think we should stick with science and let people with doctorates in biology evaluate proper data then react accordingly with management decisions.

Yes they will always be 5 years behind the curve, but what is the other realistic option?

They will make changes to the moose tag system, then evaluate those changes over five years. What is the other option here?
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

I think people are more frustrated with the political interference into wildlife biology. If it was left up to the MNR trained biologists to make the important decisions we would be better off. Politicians make their decisions based on future political votes not scientific evidence from MNR biologists. JMO.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I think you hit the nail on the head . Way123hockey
I have no fight with the MNR . My discuss is with politicians deciding to dabble in wildlife management for the sake of a few votes .
I would love to see 100% revenue from licenses go back into the MNR .