Knockoff FOC's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Knockoff FOC's

Post by ehntr »

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/s ... ds-Gk.html

Sound familiar:
The G. K(Gentle Killer ) is the first broadhead designed specifically for cross bow use, even out of today's fastest 400+ feet per second crossbows. The broadhead has a monstrous 3" CUT in the open position (3-1/4" during hyper-cut mode), and a low profile 11/16" width in the closed position_so wind planing will never be a problem. The heads will group perfectly with the FREE practice points included in the package. Diamize blades are hair-shaving sharp and are a beefy. 039" thick; Tough enough to stand up to the worst punishment without failing. The advanced geometry means no defl ection on higher angle shots. The GK weighs 170 grains which brings the weight forward balance an ideal 15 to 20% without the use of special and expensive bolts that have brass inserts. This means laser-like accuracy and deeper penetration to drop game faster.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
paulaboutform

Re: Knockoff FOC's

Post by paulaboutform »

This is disgusting!!! China has no accountability and these companies brazenly sell substandard knock offs without a care. This stuff really gets my blood pressure up. If I could avoid buying ANYTHING from the silent evil giant I absolutely would! :x
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Being aware of this type of product & never buyin because of the cheap price would break them! Thats it in a nut shell, not buyin. There will many that buy because they are cheap skates!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

paulaboutform wrote:This is disgusting!!! China has no accountability and these companies brazenly sell substandard knock offs without a care. This stuff really gets my blood pressure up. If I could avoid buying ANYTHING from the silent evil giant I absolutely would! :x
Sheesh Paul, I would have thought that the minimum buy of "1,000" would be a shoe-in for you...................you need a visit to "the island" to settle you down? :mrgreen:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ehntr wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:This is disgusting!!! China has no accountability and these companies brazenly sell substandard knock offs without a care. This stuff really gets my blood pressure up. If I could avoid buying ANYTHING from the silent evil giant I absolutely would! :x
Sheesh Paul, I would have thought that the minimum buy of "1,000" would be a shoe-in for you...................you need a visit to "the island" to settle you down? :mrgreen:
Don't even get me started on the island! :x the cost of those ferries...price of fuel! If I could just buy my diesel out of Alberta I'd never send another dime overseas! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
.....mind you, if I could get to the island and hang out with Nog and do some shooting I'm sure I'd settle down. :wink:
Last edited by paulaboutform on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.....AMERICA.....
Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well said Joe............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

Has any one let NAP know about these ? I'd think these clone BHs would violate any patents they hold on this design .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
galamb

Post by galamb »

While NAP holds the patents I don't think the Chinese Government is going to enforce them against their own workforce.

Now, while I don't support buying a product that is essentially stolen from the company that did all the development etc I do have a little less sympathy than I would if things were different.

NAP, amongst others has their product "made in China", so while these are considered "knock off's" they most probably came from exactly the same plant that made and packaged the "genuine" product which was then loaded into a container and shipped to North America.

And here's where my issue comes in. If that company can sell them for 10 to 30% of the cost on this side of the pond to individuals I suspect that they are making them for NAP (or whoever) for substantially less since it would be a huge/bulk order.

So somebody is getting a whole lot of my money for essentially "marketing" the product here. If the "markup" was less significant there would be no secondary/black market - it wouldn't be worth it.

I work in retail logistics and it amazes me that a product that comes into the docks in Vancouver at a cost, including the container shipping, import duties, unloading by the longshoreman etc for a total cost of $5 per unit ends up on the store shelf for $29.99 (and I'm not exaggerating).

Most of this (so called) knock off Chinese junk is exactly the "same junk" that companies over here are selling to us at prices 5 or 10 times greater.

So I'm not convinced "either" of the crooks is worse than the other.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Good point Galamb, a lot of the 'knockoff' products are made side by side next to the 'authentic' product. Sometimes the level of QC is the difference though, but it varies from product to product and manufacturer to manufacturer. Still, i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for in most cases. And they are notorious for pirating anything and everything they can make a buck on, (or a yen as the case may be).
What's next, importing Chinese deer to restock the woods?
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Horizontal Hunter

galamb wrote:While NAP holds the patents I don't think the Chinese Government is going to enforce them against their own workforce.

Now, while I don't support buying a product that is essentially stolen from the company that did all the development etc I do have a little less sympathy than I would if things were different.

NAP, amongst others has their product "made in China", so while these are considered "knock off's" they most probably came from exactly the same plant that made and packaged the "genuine" product which was then loaded into a container and shipped to North America.

And here's where my issue comes in. If that company can sell them for 10 to 30% of the cost on this side of the pond to individuals I suspect that they are making them for NAP (or whoever) for substantially less since it would be a huge/bulk order.

So somebody is getting a whole lot of my money for essentially "marketing" the product here. If the "markup" was less significant there would be no secondary/black market - it wouldn't be worth it.

I work in retail logistics and it amazes me that a product that comes into the docks in Vancouver at a cost, including the container shipping, import duties, unloading by the longshoreman etc for a total cost of $5 per unit ends up on the store shelf for $29.99 (and I'm not exaggerating).

Most of this (so called) knock off Chinese junk is exactly the "same junk" that companies over here are selling to us at prices 5 or 10 times greater.

So I'm not convinced "either" of the crooks is worse than the other.
I too have zero sympathy for companies that have their products made in China and then complain that their design was stolen.

That said; to the best of my knowledge their broadheads are made in the US. I have an unopened package of NAP Killzones that I bought this fall and they say on the package that they are "proudly made in the USA".

I have shot several of their broadheads over the years and I am a big fan of their broadheads.

Bob
galamb

Post by galamb »

NAP looks to be one of those companies that designs something new, makes it domestically for a couple of years and once the design is proven/established they move the production off shore.

(two different Killzone's - 1st is the X-Bow version)

G5 is 100% domestic and I have never seen a G5 "knock off" offered anywhere (as one example). That further strengthens my (belief) that it's not that some Chinese guy is reverse engineering and producing a product, but rather they are simply keeping the production line going for another day or two after the "contracted product line" has been run.

That might be a subtle difference, but I have never seen a broadhead that was 100% domestically designed, manufactured and sold popping up on a flea-bay site in China.

And again, that's why it burns me.

If G5 can pay a worker say 200 bucks a day to produce broadheads and they cost 40 bucks for three and Company B gets theirs made paying a worker 200 bucks a month yet charge the same "because that's what the market will bare", they haven't endeared themselves to me.

They aren't farming the work to China because they want to give us a superior product or because they can't find domestic production up to their standards or any one of a thousand other reasons - the only reason it's done is because the "ONLY" thing they care about is maximizing profit.

If G5, amongst others can "survive and flourish", then others certainly can - OR their prices should reflect those savings.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Horizontal Hunter

The crossbow version is what I have.

That's a bummer, I am disappointed for sure.

I agree with you 100%.

Bob
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This knock stuff n NAP is in the bed wid the devil in China. Well i have a dz n half NAP BH's i will use up n not buy anudder of them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xbowhunter10

Post by xbowhunter10 »

All this just makes me like my Jak-Hammers even more . Check out the Wasp website and watch their video .