Excalibur Classic Club

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

Excalibur Classic Club

Post by colouredchameleon »

It appears that it may be time to start a New Board Index .
Titled the ":Excalibur Classic Club"
A place where members can discuss the original classic long limb models that a majority still shoot and own proudly.
Tom

Re: Excalibur Classic Club

Post by Tom »

LOL. Sorry to laugh but what is a clasic Excalibur Crossbow. Is it the Exo-models, or the orginal versions of of crossbows produced by Excalibur. How old of a bow does it have to be, before they can become a "CLASIC". Would it be actual age or just if it becomes the last model (already newer model out).

The problem with all of that is, that it sort of leaves an image that it is not as good as the newer models. We all know, all Excalibur crossbows are great quality bows. The thing is, each model fits certain needs which are different. The matrix & micro bows fill the need or want of shooters for a smaller or narrower bow then the exo-bows. Each model of bow is as accurate as the other.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
TPM

Post by TPM »

I like the idea. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
roly

Post by roly »

Me too.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....so what is the entrance fee into the Old Excalibur Club?...

....If one goes out and purchases a classic does this guarantee him/her a place in the forum?...

....or does one have to have owned it at the time it came out...

.....wait I think that said new forum should not be "internet based" since the internet did not exist at the time....

....is classic going to be defined....

....I think it's Excalibur's fault...they should never have continued to invest money in ideas and technology...if they didn't do this we would all be shooting the same models....

...what if us new guys want to learn from you older guys shooting classics...will we have to be voted in?

....boy if this doesn't sound like how political systems were formed....

I consider all of you my Excalibur brothers and sisters...I hope you will continue to share with us who are new to the forum and took advantage of the new technology...including the wonderful internet!

JMHO

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I bought my first Excalibur from Bill when he was hand making them in basement of old farm house in Breslau (sp) back 31 yrs ago. That was a classic for sure, wish I still had it. Lost count on how many I've owned since first one. Not a one ever let me down.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Anthony, I don't think it had anything to do with exclusivity. The Matrix and Micro series of bows are wonderful but I think there is still a significant segment of us Excal owners who prefer the "older" models for one reason or another. I've shot most of the Matrix models and the Micro and while they are impressive I have no plans, short term or long term, to buy one. I do hunt with my crossbow but I'm primarily a 3D and target shooter so size means very little to me. Having a sub forum on older bows would simply save me a lot of time sifting through stuff not relevant to my interests. I'm on a number of other forums and all of them have sub forums allowing users to focus in particular points of interest within the bigger picture.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hunt it wrote:I bought my first Excalibur from Bill when he was hand making them in basement of old farm house in Breslau (sp) back 31 yrs ago. That was a classic for sure, wish I still had it. Lost count on how many I've owned since first one. Not a one ever let me down.
Hunt it, I got my Relayer the same way you did. But BillT was fishing and Kath taught me the difference between the Relayer & thr Astro Daco which I was familar with.

Tim, it is like what I said above. You shoot mostly 3D so you do nor really require a smaller bow. These model bows are all Baicly the same, just mostly size & power differences.

If we were to seperate these bows into different forums, it would become more difficult for members to learn new things. Most things which are good for one bow can be applied to the other models. Would members need to post replies in all forums if that post could be applied to other models.

I like the forum the way it is. I skip threads in the forum which I do not want to read, I do not read all threads (time management). I do not like having to bounce from one forum to other forums.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Tom wrote:
Hunt it wrote:I bought my first Excalibur from Bill when he was hand making them in basement of old farm house in Breslau (sp) back 31 yrs ago. That was a classic for sure, wish I still had it. Lost count on how many I've owned since first one. Not a one ever let me down.
Hunt it, I got my Relayer the same way you did. But BillT was fishing and Kath taught me the difference between the Relayer & thr Astro Daco which I was familar with.

Tim, it is like what I said above. You shoot mostly 3D so you do nor really require a smaller bow. These model bows are all Baicly the same, just mostly size & power differences.

If we were to seperate these bows into different forums, it would become more difficult for members to learn new things. Most things which are good for one bow can be applied to the other models. Would members need to post replies in all forums if that post could be applied to other models.

I like the forum the way it is. I skip threads in the forum which I do not want to read, I do not read all threads (time management). I do not like having to bounce from one forum to other forums.

Tom
X2
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

I agree a sub category for the exo series would be helpful.
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I don't get that any offense is meant by the OP.........sounds like he and maybe others see MICRO lust as distracting and overpowering the forum. The forum has definitely turned a corner with the release of this bow. A single bow, a great bow, built from the bones of all those other bows that will still be around for decades to come. Forums like CN, CP, CB, AT breakout crossbow discussion by creating separate manufacturer forums.........by comparison, wouldn't it be appropriate, for the flagship EXCALIBUR FORUM to breakout discussion by creating separate forums for their bows such as:

Recurve Technology - Long Limb Forum
Compact Recurve Technology - Matrix/Micro Forum
Compound Forum

Just trying to rationalize the OP.

“It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.” Hey, you don't have to tell me this is a forum not the business model. Excalibur has done exceedingly well by adhering to the change/survival dichotomy. This forum is more for us....................but it certainly doesn't hurt their business either :lol:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

I have been an admin on many different sites, heck I still am on three forums actually. lol

There are probably several reasons why they prefer not to have so many sections on this forum, and not just for specific forums like a hunt swap or classic series etc, etc and etc.

1) Unlike places like Crossbow Nation etc, these forums are for Excalibur only, and mainly for research on what their crossbow users want, need, and may be doing to improve their product or cause one to fail.

2) They have limited employees that have the time or are willing to agree to moderate the forum. Not to mention they probably prefer to keep it in house and not use forum members as moderators.

3) Actually in most cases the more sections a forum has, the more time they have to spend going through all the sections.

4) Speaking from personal experience people tend to post mainly in one or two sections of a forum, irregardless or what the section is made for and the topic they may post. Again, more work moving threads.

5) Again, mainly for Excalibur's desire to keep track of what we as users of their crossbows are doing with them.

6) AND, I may just be far off track and have no idea at all of what I am speaking about, after all who am I to say what they are thinking. LOL

7) They may start adding more sections, who knows as I certainly do not have an inside track on what they plan to do with anything, I just love their Crossbows! ;)

Not that it isn't a good idea to add more sections, I just think they are trying to keep it small and simple, as they do not have the staff to watch the boards all the time.

JMHO ;)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

I like the forum as is. Just read the posts that pertain to what you have or what you think is relevant. Can you imagine if there was a different thread for old bows, matrix bows, Exo bows, smf/micro. The list could go on and on. I'm also sure some threads would get neglected or posted in the wrong thread. I for one think it would be a PITA to frequent multible threads in order to learn something or ask something specific (especially for people who have multible bows). But hey, maybe I just like the less complicated things in life such as recurve crossbows!!!! Just my 2 cents.
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

HorizontalArchr wrote:I like the forum as is. Just read the posts that pertain to what you have or what you think is relevant. Can you imagine if there was a different thread for old bows, matrix bows, Exo bows, smf/micro. The list could go on and on. I'm also sure some threads would get neglected or posted in the wrong thread. I for one think it would be a PITA to frequent multible threads in order to learn something or ask something specific (especially for people who have multible bows). But hey, maybe I just like the less complicated things in life such as recurve crossbows!!!! Just my 2 cents.
X2...now we have 4 cents

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I thought he was talking about the "old gray headed crumudgeons" on the forum......he was talking about bows! :lol: