Triggertech or reworked stock trigger?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

motorcycle

Triggertech or reworked stock trigger?

Post by motorcycle »

Would like some advice or opinions on my Matrix 380 trigger.Nothing at all wrong with it but interested in making an improvement-so
is it worth the effort or money to have your stock trigger reworked either by oneself or someone else or not bother and just go all the way and get a triggertech?

If anyone has done or has had a trigger redone for them,I would really like to hear from you.
vixenmaster

Re: Triggertech or reworked stock trigger?

Post by vixenmaster »

My 355 had a terrible trigger, i send it to warranty repair n it was very usable when returned. I reckon if'en i had the samolians to jus let go i would get a single stage TT to use huntin. So its jus up to you n pocketbook. I am pleased enuff with mine reworked.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well I've heard don or Boo, or Danny Miller are really good at smoothing out a great trigger. Don't know what they charge ? But I'm sure you could call and p.m. Boo. Dannys # is 740-483-2313, Let us know what you decide...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

My 380'trigger was reworked by Boo, I love it. My son's came with TT unit and it is sweet also.
motorcycle

Post by motorcycle »

Hunt it wrote:My 380'trigger was reworked by Boo, I love it. My son's came with TT unit and it is sweet also.
thanks for the post-can you compare the "sweetness" of both the triggers? For example-is it worth the extra cash to go for the triggertech to get 100% "sweetness" or is a cheaper reworked stock trigger a better value to get say 75% "sweetness".

How much did it cost for you to have your trigger reworked by BOO? I know how much a triggertech is and I had one on my previous Excalibur.

thanks alot
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I bought the two stage TT trigger for my 355! Best money I've ever spent!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline

Post by newbie »

I had a smoothed out trigger in my 355. It was just about the same as a single stage TT.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

I think Boo does trigger polishing, send him a PM.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

After installing a massaged trigger, I wish I would have done it sooner. I would give a vote to Boo, for a massaged trigger.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I took the stock trigger out of my old Vortex, took it apart and polished it up with metal polish and put in back in. It was a lot smoother after that. Not sure what the other guys do when they do a trigger job, but a little metal polish went a long way with mine.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I can't say on the TT's never owned or shot one. I have had 2 reworked by Danny n i am happy wid'em. I am sure if'en i had $150 to splurge i would enjoy the single stage TT very much!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I had Boo do a few of mine, Night and day difference
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
galamb

Post by galamb »

motorcycle wrote:Would like some advice or opinions on my Matrix 380 trigger.Nothing at all wrong with it but interested in making an improvement
Not knocking you if this is what you want to do, but I don't get it.

My trigger is working fine. Has been since I got the bow a number of years back. I shoot the bow easily 1000 times a year.

Why mess with something that works?

You can drop some bucks on a replacement trigger and get nothing you don't already have - a "functioning" trigger.

Or is there something "specific" you are trying to gain/improve?

If not, it's kinda like swapping arrows just because everyone else is shooting the new "super bolts".
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
motorcycle

Post by motorcycle »

ok-I`ll give Don a shout and get it sent off too him.Get him to polish the string claw as well since it will be easy with it being apart.Just hope he still does them.Thanks everybody for the comments. :D
taz3

Post by taz3 »

galamb wrote:
motorcycle wrote:Would like some advice or opinions on my Matrix 380 trigger.Nothing at all wrong with it but interested in making an improvement
Not knocking you if this is what you want to do, but I don't get it.

My trigger is working fine. Has been since I got the bow a number of years back. I shoot the bow easily 1000 times a year.

Why mess with something that works?

You can drop some bucks on a replacement trigger and get nothing you don't already have - a "functioning" trigger.

Or is there something "specific" you are trying to gain/improve?

If not, it's kinda like swapping arrows just because everyone else is shooting the new "super bolts".
I'm not trying to be confrontational either, but the difference is night and day. I happen to buy a trigger, more because I wanted to modify it for other reasons. I bought it because the price was great. I'm only shooting a Phoenix, a fairly light weight Xbow, so I figured there was no way it was going to improve my Xbow. The trigger was done by Danny Miller, I had no complaints with my original, very smooth, with a predictable creap and thought there was no way you could make it any better. That was until I installed the new one and I couldn't believe the difference, I wouldn't think twice about doing another one, it's that good.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting