Super Fast Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: Super Fast Crossbows

Post by wildcatter »

I don't get the faster thing?? I do agree that I don't care for minimum weight arrows in any bow. I shoot 415 to 450 grain in my 380's and they are faster than most compound bows, the 415's shoot 358 fps. I will never find a bow that cocked sweeter or was more accurate than my old Phoenix,,,sweet bow! If I wanted to compete for max speed, and put up with the needs of a mechanical broadhead, or the pain in the ars to tune a fixed broadhead, (I prefer fixed) I'd get the 405, that should put that 415 grain arrow at about 380 to 385 fps. that is as fast what the Scorpyd Vent I had would do, 10 fps aint noticeable except on paper, trust be,,, been there!! Plus my 380's aren't built backwards, and don't need training wheels to stay together, And I don't have to baby em when I'm in the State Forrest miles away from a support team,,,, :wink:

I really don't see an advantage to a compound, and quite the apposite! I had a couple Parkers,,, great bow's if you like compounds, a Gale Force and a Cyclone, neither as fast as my 380, had a Tenpoint Venom, more compact but noticeably heavier, as is every compound I have had, its their hunting speed bow @ over $1700.00 of not as fast as the 380 with a 440 grain arrow, or any equal weight arrow, and itshot factory spec. The big thing is that if the compound boys could build a bow with a 290 pound limb they would have it, the fact is if they had a bow that could load a limb to 260 to 290 pounds, none of them would have enough balls to let it loose, (or brains)!!!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
kamont

Post by kamont »

fredd wrote:hey mike i belong to cbn to. i seen that post. i got your back man.
I don't think anybody was belittling your beloved Excalibur, they just made a comment that Excalibur used a lighter arrow and I seen no mention of real crossbows use 400 gr. Lighten up a bit we know you like your Excalibur Mike but there are other crossbows out there and its a big world, to each there own.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I've bored and stroked these Excals in ways most can't dream, NO OTHER XBOW CAN TAKE THE TORTURE I'V PUT ON THESE EXCALS AND STILL FUNCTION ...

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:I've bored and stroked these Excals in ways most can't dream, NO OTHER XBOW CAN TAKE THE TORTURE I'V PUT ON THESE EXCALS AND STILL FUNCTION ...

Wes
And still "Smille at ya" and ask for more!! :D They pretty much are Boot Tough.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....there are other crossbows out there, yes...I do not hear of many Excalibur owners switching to other brands....but I do hear other brand owners coming on over to the right side of the fence for all of the reasons that make Excalibur the great bow that it is...

...this is the reason that I cringe when I hear of hybrid Excaliburs and Cabela's Powered by Excalibur....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings