want to buy one real bad.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shirefisher

want to buy one real bad.

Post by shirefisher »

Here in Vermont it looks like we may have crossbows legal for all for the next archery hunting season. The season may also be lengthen another 10 days. I hope it all happens. In the mean time my 67 old father may have no choice but to use one as the regular bow is harder for him. So I read a lot about it all and it seems the 335 Micro is what I really like. I shot a 10 point compound with a 170 pound pull with a pull rope and it wasn't as easy as I thought. How is it really pulling back on that 270 lbs?
awshucks

Re: want to buy one real bad.

Post by awshucks »

Rope cocker cuts the pull weight in half..............Have him try one in a store would be my advice.......... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I think I would look at the matrix 330 it is 220lbs pull. I am 60 and it cocks easy for me .It is also a short stroke. weighs 5.3 lbs.
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Another good and cheaper option would be the new Grizzly model.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Canuck Archer

Post by Canuck Archer »

You'll have to get your Father to try cocking one.
I don't mind it at all but there is a trick to it. Bend your knees and straighten them as you pull back and cock the bow. Let your legs do the cocking for that last 2 inches of stroke .
The Micro is a great little bow and is very easy on serving.
Basically maintenance free with a lifetime warranty. Hard to beat that ,all in a little package that is only 25 inches wide uncocked.
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X5, let him try a few so he knows what fits him. The price on the Grizzly makes it a very good choice.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
shirefisher

Post by shirefisher »

welp, I bought one. The nightmare 335 package for 800.00 on ebay. My Dad and I figure I'll be sharing the blind with him when he goes so I can pull it back if he needs it and if he really loves it we can get the crank. He may be able to "load" it himself either way. After trying some compounds- they were fun and all but this Excalibur seems to be the way to go. A friend who owns a gun shop bought one and was super excited about it and mentioned he would rather be using his Excalibur then gun hunting. I know that sounds good to me- I may be selling some gun powder sticks soon! After lots of research and inspection this seems to be the way to go. Now if Vermont can get it together and leagalize x-bows for all I'll be using this sucker too!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the Micro!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That was fast! Congrats.
Cocking wont be an issue, there is as much technique involved as there is strength.
Best of luck to you guys!
Good on you for keeping your father in the action, you made a good choice.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Razor cut

Post by Razor cut »

shirefisher wrote:Here in Vermont it looks like we may have crossbows legal for all for the next archery hunting season. The season may also be lengthen another 10 days. I hope it all happens. In the mean time my 67 old father may have no choice but to use one as the regular bow is harder for him. So I read a lot about it all and it seems the 335 Micro is what I really like. I shot a 10 point compound with a 170 pound pull with a pull rope and it wasn't as easy as I thought. How is it really pulling back on that 270 lbs?
If they pass it this year I believe it won't take affect until 2016?
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Congrats on the new bow.. And think its great to keep old dad involved, good luck..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
shirefisher

Post by shirefisher »

Razor cut wrote:
shirefisher wrote:Here in Vermont it looks like we may have crossbows legal for all for the next archery hunting season. The season may also be lengthen another 10 days. I hope it all happens. In the mean time my 67 old father may have no choice but to use one as the regular bow is harder for him. So I read a lot about it all and it seems the 335 Micro is what I really like. I shot a 10 point compound with a 170 pound pull with a pull rope and it wasn't as easy as I thought. How is it really pulling back on that 270 lbs?
If they pass it this year I believe it won't take affect until 2016?
The word is according to many sources it will take affect this year, if it happens.
....per Vt State And Fish and Wildlife web site faqs,
Q. When would all of the season changes take effect?
A: The Board voted to have all the regulatory changes except the urine-based lure prohibition enacted in the fall of 2015.

I put together the Micro and cocked it and uncocked it a few times. I think I have a buddy ready to buy one as soon as it's lega.
I can't wait to shoot it as soon as North Vermont thaws out in July?
mattones

Post by mattones »

Congrats on the new bow! And even better seeing anther state allowing crossbow hunting
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Hope ya'll buying the Micro's...you be buyin the correct :roll: :wink: :wink: one...now in case you be forgettin I will say it again....:

...Micro Nightmare 335 8) ....

There are only a couple of requirements upon purchasing:

1. You must wear a black leather jacket and dark sunglasses when you open the box to get the proper effect....and don't forget the most important part....

2. Make sure you strap in using the provided seat belts....

It is just that cool! 8)

Anthony 8) :mrgreen:

PS: ...under NO circumstances are you to let Mike (Newbie) tell you anything different! :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings