reflex sight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob watkins

Re: reflex sight

Post by bob watkins »

i am also going to look at the seeall sight weyvern creations will have them 95.00
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have been playing around with a Tasco Optima 2000 sight.( no longer imported by Tasco. Is now sold as a Jpoint sight). Made in UK. Weighs 1/2 oz. About the size of a quarter. Kick arse little sight. Bit pricey tho.
Cali74

Post by Cali74 »

I just mounted a Vortex Spark on my Micro and could not be happier.
For the bright sun you have all the brightness settings you need.
For low light, press the night vision button and you have two really low levels of brightness that can be used to dot the I on any target.
I have not tried it out passed 30 yards but most of my shots are under 30 so no need for me.
Really fun to get the dot circled up then open up your other eye and it makes getting on your target a quick and clean process.
Can't wait for turkey season!!!
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Jray wrote:
Cat power wrote:Aimpoint is what I would try.

I tried a Burris Fast Fire II and hated it. Can't see at dawn and dusk
Can't see what? The dot or target?
The target

Thought that was self explanatory
Jray

Post by Jray »

Cat power wrote:
Jray wrote:
Cat power wrote:Aimpoint is what I would try.

I tried a Burris Fast Fire II and hated it. Can't see at dawn and dusk
Can't see what? The dot or target?
The target

Thought that was self explanatory
Just curious as that is the beauty of a 1X reflex. Both eyes open if you can't see the target nothing is going to help that but night vision.
kamont

Post by kamont »

I was just looking at the reflex sight from Bering optics, looks good and under $100. They sell out of Texas and I think they are USA made, I could be wrong on that! Maybe someone here has tried one or knows more about them.
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

If you like a reflex sight in the last minutes of shooting hours, over a scope. More power to ya.

I've used both and there is no comparison. Give me a Leupold VXR 2-7
Jray

Post by Jray »

Cat power wrote:If you like a reflex sight in the last minutes of shooting hours, over a scope. More power to ya.

I've used both and there is no comparison. Give me a Leupold VXR 2-7
No doubt that good optics/magnification help at longer ranges- I use quality optics on my firearms and they have made shots possible that couldn't have been taken without them. At crossbow ranges however if you are thinking about trying a reflex don't take mine or anyone else opinion as fact. Try one for yourself (both eyes open) and if you are like me the only time you will put a scope on a crossbow is to tune arrows at 60+ yards.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I'm sold on the reflex/dot/holo scopes. I will have one shortly. Almost closed on on Vartex Sparc but I can't get aboard a single dot scope. Eotech 512 Xbow here I come. Don't know where I'm going to get one yet.......no local (AB)source that I can find so if anyone can help on a Canadian source I would appreciate it. No US retailer will ship across border so I don't need any suggestions from US retailers.....just Cdn ones. Police Ordnance in Markam ON lists them on their website but do not have any.......although they promised to get me a quote on one.

Magnification is over-rated. Don't have any magnification on my vertical bows :lol:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

ehntr wrote:I'm sold on the reflex/dot/holo scopes. I will have one shortly. Almost closed on on Vartex Sparc but I can't get aboard a single dot scope. Eotech 512 Xbow here I come. Don't know where I'm going to get one yet.......no local (AB)source that I can find so if anyone can help on a Canadian source I would appreciate it. No US retailer will ship across border so I don't need any suggestions from US retailers.....just Cdn ones. Police Ordnance in Markam ON lists them on their website but do not have any.......although they promised to get me a quote on one.

Magnification is over-rated. Don't have any magnification on my vertical bows :lol:
I can put a quiver full of arrows from my vixen well within a group the size of a deers heart at 50 yards using my eotech xbow sight without any magnification .If you can find one I'm pretty confident you will like it . The built in range finder is very handy as well .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

MI Yeti wrote:
ehntr wrote:I'm sold on the reflex/dot/holo scopes. I will have one shortly. Almost closed on on Vartex Sparc but I can't get aboard a single dot scope. Eotech 512 Xbow here I come. Don't know where I'm going to get one yet.......no local (AB)source that I can find so if anyone can help on a Canadian source I would appreciate it. No US retailer will ship across border so I don't need any suggestions from US retailers.....just Cdn ones. Police Ordnance in Markam ON lists them on their website but do not have any.......although they promised to get me a quote on one.

I can put a quiver full of arrows from my vixen well within a group the size of a deers heart at 50 yards using my eotech xbow sight without any magnification .If you can find one I'm pretty confident you will like it . The built in range finder is very handy as well .
Excellent Yeti!

There are a couple other eotech options I'm curious about too (FN303 & sage reticles):

http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-we ... nformation
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

ehntr wrote:
MI Yeti wrote:

Excellent Yeti!

There are a couple other eotech options I'm curious about too (FN303 & sage reticles):

http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-we ... nformation
I don't think either of those would be of much use unless your hunting deer with a tear gas launcher :lol: . The ring with two dot or 4 four dot could work . You would need to figure out were the aim points would be for archery use .

If you can not locate the 512 xbow but can find a standard 512 depending on the speed of your bow a single aim point could be plenty with a 25yard zero .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
kamont

Post by kamont »

I know you said you don't want a US source but have you tried
I Run Guns LLC
3509 McCulloch Blvd
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
1-928-706-7207
They are licensed importers and carry Eotech. Give them a try it's only a phone call
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

kamont wrote:

I know you said you don't want a US source but have you tried
I Run Guns LLC
3509 McCulloch Blvd
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
1-928-706-7207
They are licensed importers and carry Eotech. Give them a try it's only a phone call
Yes I have them on the long list if it comes to that.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
kamont

Post by kamont »

whats the going price for an Eotech crossbow scope in Canada