New Matrix Grizzly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BobbyR

New Matrix Grizzly

Post by BobbyR »

Finally received my Matrix Grizzly, after 2 snow delayed delivery days.
When I opened the box, the xbow looks great.
When I opened the scope box, I felt as if I had been handed a dead cat.
I was supposed to get a dead zone scope, but what I got was the cheap looking SMF fixed power scope. The box that the bow came in even said it came with a variable multi reticle scope. That figures. I am very pleased with the bow's appearance and feel, but they should have just kept the scope, it looks as if it came out of a Walmart bubble pack. I have contacted the dealer, but I cannot blame the dealer, because the box was unopened. I will probably save and buy the Leupold or Nikon scope, I am not even putting that smf scope on it. It may seem like a petty thing, but I am the kind of person that expects what is written in the literature, or at least darn close to it. I can't wait for a nice day to shoot this thing, I have a red dot sight that I can put on it until I get a scope worthy of the bow.
bubba

Re: New Matrix Grizzly

Post by bubba »

You should contact danny miller or call Excalibur I would not settle for that scope!! first thing I did was replace the one that came with my Ibex, had nothing but problems with it. I went with the Nikon Bolt and have not looked back..........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats on your bow!! :D
I would contact excalibur about your scope...you should receive what you paid for. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X3!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

Thanks guys. I have contacted the dealer I purchased it from. I will contact Excalibur ASAP. Just put the bow together without the scope, and it is a wonderful feeling crossbow. I already like the bow even thought I have not shot it.
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Yeah it says right here on the website that the Grizzly comes with a dead-zone scope. I am sure customer service will take care of it. Please be sure to let us all know how it shoots and get a stringer so you can keep your brace height set properly.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Glad your happy w/ your Xbow Bobby R! when i put mine together had that same feeling. :wink: Sry. bout the glass. . . others are right you should get what you pay for. i heard alot about the Xbolt from Nikon. better glass does complement these fine tools!
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on gettin the grizz that wizzed it ought to sling an arrow well. Sorry about the botched scope, throw yer red dot on it
Last edited by vixenmaster on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I have said it before and I will say it again... It is shame that such a great bow has to crowned with such crap.... And now the crap they are sending is worse than what they promise.... It is not acceptable that will make it right.... It should never have happened in the first place.... Excalibur.... Are you listening?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I like the Nikon Bolt Xr because it is light, short, accurate, holds POI and is great in low light conditions.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

I definitely like the feel of this xbow. It is very light and compact. As soon as our o degree weather breaks, I plan on flinging a few arrows downrange asap.
I am sure that I will have a few questions since this is my first xbow, but it is great that there is a forum full of great guys and gals. I will let everyone know how it shoots, ASAP.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Must be a supply chain problem with the Dead Zone scope. Not just the Grizzly.......the Micro package is supposed to include the Dead Zone. Mine did.........but many of the first Micro buyers got Vari Zones with theirs.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ehntr wrote:Must be a supply chain problem with the Dead Zone scope. Not just the Grizzly.......the Micro package is supposed to include the Dead Zone. Mine did.........but many of the first Micro buyers got Vari Zones with theirs.

....and are we supposed to suffer and be inconvenienced as a result? Do the right thing and give us a quality option!!!!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Both our Micros came with the Vari Zone!! I had a issue with mine and drove up to Excalibur to exchange it! Handed them my scope and asked for a Dead Zone instead,Before he could say anything i told him the Vari Zone came off a Micro and he said no problem and came out with a plain white box no markings on the box at all.Excalibur will fix you up!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

is the Dead Zone scope a worthy upgrade from a Varizone? can anyone post on size, weight, what type reticle? and if it has better glass . thanks!