Diablo Bare shafts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

Diablo Bare shafts

Post by DaGriz »

Anyone know where to buy bare Dialbo bare shafts? Can't find a place to get them
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!

Re: Diablo Bare shafts

Post by newbie »

DaGriz wrote:Anyone know where to buy bare Dialbo bare shafts? Can't find a place to get them
i bought some firebolt bare shafts a few years ago from The Bow Shop in Waterloo Ontario.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Don't here much about the diablos since the zombies hit the market DaGrizz The ones I shot were good arras though !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
redarlo

Post by redarlo »

The closest bare shafts I have found comparable to the Diablo are the Easton Crossbow Bloodlines. Both are made by Easton. The Bloodlines bare shafts are about $40 per dozen and are C2 shafts specced at 10.5 GPI.

If you decide to use Bloodlines be aware that the inner diameter of these are slightly smaller than Diablos. Bloodlines have a .295 inner diameter and inserts for Diablos (.305) will not work in the Bloodlines. Need to use Beman inserts sized for the .295 shafts. Since I use NuFletch Ignitors for lighted nocks which are 39 grains, the 42 grain Beman aluminum inserts work great for my rear inserts and I use the Beman 80 grain brass front inserts so I can use 100 or 125 grain broadheads for many more broadhead options.

I use Bloodlines whenever I am hunting now now because for some reason they seem to be more accurate than my Diablo shafts. Although I use both for target shooting, I like the Bloodlines better. I have not spine tested them for comparison but since both are 10.5 GPI and the Bloodline has a slightly smaller inside diameter, I suspect the spines are not quite the same.

An alternative option is the Beman ICS Hunter crossbow shaft which I suspect is the same shaft as the Bloodline as Beman and Easton are now merged but I have not tried these. As an aside, like others on this forum, I use 2 inch Bohning Tiger Blazers with Arizona helical fletch and by simply refletching the Diablos with these heavier vanes have made the Diablos more accurate but not quite as good as the Bloodlines.

Hope this helps
405, 380, Axiom
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Thanks, that info helps a lot!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

Im trying to get an accurate inside diameter of Diablo shafts. Ive checked in the forum and it ranges from .300 to .305?? anyone know the correct ID? thanks
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"