Crossbow bubble level

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buttnbuck

Crossbow bubble level

Post by buttnbuck »

Hey fella's, does anyone make a bubble level to fit in the Micro's riser? I know Excalibur made them for the older models.
huntinwi

Re: Crossbow bubble level

Post by huntinwi »

EBAY
LEVEL VIAL - 1 BUBBLE - CLEAR HARD PLASTIC - GREEN LIQUID - SELF ADHESIVE
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Are you an engineer? :D

Seriously, at hunting ranges "your best guess" level will have a dead beast!

If you're target shooting at long distances, little things matter a lot. :wink:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I use one that clamps to the scope rail made by B square. Can't use it with low mounts though
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...this is what I use...I am not an engineer...just a lowly accountant...but I do find many times I "cant" my bow which cannot be good at any range... :shock: :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOW-SIGHT-LEVEL ... 2eaa009fe1

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Cir-Cut Corporation Bow Sight Level (Self Adhs)

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0000AV ... ge_o07_s00
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

amythntr wrote:...this is what I use...I am not an engineer...just a lowly accountant...but I do find many times I "cant" my bow which cannot be good at any range... :shock: :shock:

You are correct about canting effecting POI. My point was that at normal hunting ranges, and at least with the higher power offerings (I shoot a 380), I could probably can't my bow 20 degrees one way or the other and still have a very dead deer in the same amount of time as if it were level, with the shot hitting very darn close to where it was aimed. I have purposely shot my bow canted at least 5 degrees and it made no discernible difference in POI at 40 yards.

Some folks like as many bells and whistles as they can get on their things. I went through that stage on my Mathews compound. One of the two reasons that I bought an Excalibur crossbow was to cut down on as many bells and whistles as possible and still be lethally accurate, without hours, days and weeks of shooting. Then again, some people are vertically, horizontally and directionally challenged, but I'm not in that group. If someone likes levels, by all means, buy one! 8)
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Use the level and improve your accuracy. To say you can cant either a compound or crossbow without changing poi is absurd. Some people are minimalists and that's fine, but don't say it's bells and whistles making no difference. That's simply untrue.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Use the level and improve your accuracy. To say you can cant either a compound or crossbow without changing poi is absurd. Some people are minimalists and that's fine, but don't say it's bells and whistles making no difference. That's simply untrue.

....totally agree with you "fratello mio".....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:...this is what I use...I am not an engineer...just a lowly accountant...but I do find many times I "cant" my bow which cannot be good at any range... :shock: :shock:

Hey Anthony,

can you help a fellow Jerseyite out and post a few pics of it mounted on your Micro for me? Been thinking about a level for awhile (just wondering how it will work with my Munch mount)

Thanks
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

paulaboutform wrote:Use the level and improve your accuracy. To say you can cant either a compound or crossbow without changing poi is absurd. Some people are minimalists and that's fine, but don't say it's bells and whistles making no difference. That's simply untrue.
Find ANYWHERE in my post that I said the above, and I'll buy you a steak dinner AND admit that I'm wrong. I can make that bet, because you won't find it! Please stop putting words in my mouth (or anyone else's). This type of thing is far too common on forums, and one of the main reasons that I frequently take long hiatuses from them from time to time...... :roll:
bubba

Post by bubba »

Go to midway usa, or brownels, they have a good selection of a few different styles.. And I think a level is always a good idea,if you have a tendency to cant , no matter even 5 degree is not a good thing at any distance, and I'm not an engineer. But sometimes bells and whistles are a needed item..............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

bubba wrote:Go to midway usa, or brownels, they have a good selection of a few different styles.. And I think a level is always a good idea,if you have a tendency to cant , no matter even 5 degree is not a good thing at any distance, and I'm not an engineer. But sometimes bells and whistles are a needed item..............
No argument there..... As I alluded to; SOME FOLKS are horizontally, vertcally and/or directionally challenged!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Lake shooter wrote:
Find ANYWHERE in my post that I said the above, and I'll buy you a steak dinner AND admit that I'm wrong. I can make that bet, because you won't find it! Please stop putting words in my mouth (or anyone else's). This type of thing is far too common on forums, and one of the main reasons that I frequently take long hiatuses from them from time to time...... :roll:
Lakeshooter, before this goes any further let me say I'm sorry if I've offended or insulted you in any way. That certainly wasn't my intention. I'm a creature of habit and have been playing the pinpoint accuracy game for many years (competative 3D internationally) .I guess I agree with you regarding being off level and in the kill zone at most hunting distances. However,this is where it becomes subjective. We may all have a different personal effective range and what's 'good enough' for one doesn't stand true for the other. In that respect, regardless of any shooter's skill set, I don't see the level bubble falling into the 'bells and whistles' category. Jmho.....I'm more than happy to take you up on the steak dinner offer btw. Dutch treat....any excuse to get together with fellow forum members. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

If you Guys are looking for a level to stick on the riser and don't want to spend a lot , Check out the Levels made for RV leveling . There less than 10 dollars and can be had from Walmart or EBay and several other common places . Are they necessary ??? If you want to hit small targets consistently at longer ranges , Yes !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]