M405 Shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

M405 Shooters

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Looking for your thoughts/experiences...How well have the servings been holding up, stock or other? Stock trigger ok? All input/comments appreciated...thanks.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
vixenmaster

Re: M405 Shooters

Post by vixenmaster »

I have shot Kong est. 100 times stock string, trigger is very usuable on mine. Center servin jus shows light trigger claw marks. No actual wear nor spreadin. Its a thumper & will slap wear out a yellowjacket bag in short order!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Got a lot of shots on my Boo string I would guess 500 to 750 and still looking strong Serving is holding like a champ if there is any wear that develops Im gonna send it north of the border to a certain fella I know who tames the claws pretty well from what I hear :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
SEW

Post by SEW »

I agree with the preceding responses. I got a TT trigger for mine before getting the 405. I wanted it yo have the same exact feel as my 380 with a TT; otherwise, the 405 trigger is quite good, IMO. I prefer this bow to the 380. It is my main hunting bow. It is a long range bow best suited to hunting. It is as accurate as my 380. Rhinehart and Spyderweb recommended.
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

Stock trigger in mine seems to be pretty nice. Never shot a TT so I really can't compare. I have a few hundred shots and have not noticed any serving wear, but I am replacing with a different style as soon as it gets here in the mail. Only issue I have is how loud the bow is, and I have pretty much gotten over that because I think the 405 is cool, and can't keep my eyes off of it...lol!
Onetimeonly x-->

Thanks gentlemen...
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Looking for your thoughts/experiences...How well have the servings been holding up, stock or other? Stock trigger ok? All input/comments appreciated...thanks.
You had to bring this up didn't you. The thought of a 405 has been in the back of my mind for a long time. Now thanks to you it's back up front again :lol: I take it your thinking of one to?

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
Onetimeonly x-->

Pa.hunter wrote:
Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Looking for your thoughts/experiences...How well have the servings been holding up, stock or other? Stock trigger ok? All input/comments appreciated...thanks.
You had to bring this up didn't you. The thought of a 405 has been in the back of my mind for a long time. Now thanks to you it's back up front again :lol: I take it your thinking of one to?

Charlie
Sorry Charlie, "no pun intended" YES the 405 seems to be calling my name too. One day don't know when but one day!! I'm thinking sooner than later though. If you get one Charlie let us know your thoughts.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Pa.hunter wrote:

Charlie
It is a killing machine Im just sayin :mrgreen:

Sorry Charlie, "no pun intended" YES the 405 seems to be calling my name too. One day don't know when but one day!! I'm thinking sooner than later though. If you get one Charlie let us know your thoughts.
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

I love my 405. It is also worth mentioning it is my first crossbow.
I had to have fired it at least 500 times since purchasing it this past summer.
I had to tighten the string many times. The string needs replacing now. The serving is still ok but the string is real thin and it kinked up when I removed it for storage.
I have just ordered replacements from boo.
I also immediately replaced the trigger with the 2 stage TT.
I was not to crazy about the factory trigger. It may have broken in but I wasn't waiting for that.
The TT trigger is awesome.
The bow is very powerful and seriously accurate.
Shooting at the same bullseye will cost you alot of money for new bolts.
Also got my first buck with it this year.
When ever I think about my 405, I have to sit on my hands to keep from clapping!!
Buy it you'll love it.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I shot 3 deer with it over 50 yds. Zombies/FOCs. One was a nice 12pt, field dressed 212#, another 9-pt nearly same body size. The 12pt was knocked to the ground, got up and went 10 yds. None of the shots were risky. Hit right where planned. This thing has power and accuracy. There is a lot of difference in the 380 & 405! Shooting 403g arrows with strings that are silenced, 363 and 393'/sec! I can cock it ok but normally use the C-2 for back preservation.
As you go faster, the more critical the arrows will be. The 405 is much more critical in this regard than is the 380. So far, my most accurate Broadhead is the FOC. I'd expect the Schacker to be as accurate.
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

This probably won't make a lot of sense, but even if my 405 didn't shoot like a dream I would still be in love with it. In fact, I am going to go downstairs and gaze at it when I finish typing and include it in my nighttime prayer and thank God for letting me have it! I just put a string on it tonight made by nchunterkw on here, and I am more in love! Sometimes I think I may be sick, but get one and shoot it before you judge!!!!
Onetimeonly x-->

Squatch wrote:This probably won't make a lot of sense, but even if my 405 didn't shoot like a dream I would still be in love with it. In fact, I am going to go downstairs and gaze at it when I finish typing and include it in my nighttime prayer and thank God for letting me have it! I just put a string on it tonight made by nchunterkw on here, and I am more in love! Sometimes I think I may be sick, but get one and shoot it before you judge!!!!
Squatch your not sick, you just have THE fever. I know what you mean..
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

:lol: I am sittin here at my work table & have looked up at Kong at least a dz times. I keep hearin this voice, string me, lets go outside n shoot. You knowed it brings a big smile to yer face when i put an arrow completely thru that yellowjacket bag you call a target :) Thump thump thump & on it goes, n i have to shoot 30 yds or more. Don't like refletchin my arrows after them goin thru the bag. Heck whats not to love about the 405 bustin bags open, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

You guys sure make it interesting the 405? the beast! kong! smile I for one believe ya!! For sure the baddest boy on the block....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)