Making a Micro Even Better - TriggerTech Time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Making a Micro Even Better - TriggerTech Time

Post by Normous »

When it came time to choose my next hunting crossbow and recreational shooting xbow I knew I would prefer the new Excalibur Micro. It is a great little crossbow, both light and accurate and it felt comfortable even for this taller guy.

The Micro factory trigger is the best out of the box trigger yet from Excalibur and will make most experienced shooters happy, but even the factory trigger can use a bit of help every now and again. I found a slight perceivable creep in the factory unit that broke around 3.5 to 4 pounds with the breaking point a bit inconsistent the way I felt it, a hint of overtravel was also noticed.

A call was made to Frank at TriggerTech and a new Single Stage 2.5 pound unit and Red Lever arrived the next day.

Why TriggerTech? The longer a finger is kept on a trigger, the greater the opportunity there is for concentration to be broken. The loss of concentration manifests itself with a move off target before sear release or before the arrow leaves the mainframe groove.

Also, the longer the required persistence of force applied to a trigger the longer the duration of finger movement and potential for crossbow movement after the sear is released. A 2.5 pound TriggerTech can improve accurate groups because pull force, consistency and overtravel have been optimized.

TriggerTech provides clear instructions and new hardware with each unit. I can swap a trigger unit before a hot meal begins to cool if the 4 scope mount screws remove easily. The install is not intimidating by any means and only 3 Allen wrenches are required. I use a quality set made in Germany by Wiha. Wiha's are guaranteed not to round out I might add.

As a final check, with the crossbow cocked but still empty, it's probably a good idea to pull the trigger with the safety on, bounce the rifle on the shoulder pad, slap the forearm a few times, etc. The idea is to handle the crossbow enough to feel confident the trigger can withstand aggressive field handling, in the manner the crossbow will be used, without the chance of an accidental discharge.

The improvement was noticeable from my first TT pull as expected. The single stage exhibits no pre pull movement and the sear release comes at a nice clean surprise at 2.5 pounds. The improved red lever has a more ergonomic contour and is slightly longer than the straighter factory offering and anybody who has used one smiles with approval It is truly a pleasure to shoot this well engineered trigger.
TriggerTech made my Micro even better.

EDIT: TriggerTech is releasing world class Remington 700 trigger replacement soon...

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
dutchhunter

Re: Making a Micro Even Better - TriggerTech Time

Post by dutchhunter »

cool I like it and you and a few others have made my decision a lot easier .thanks for the report guys ,Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well what can i say, whats not to like about yer Micro :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Great post! Great lookin bow you got there! :D
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Norm, How long did it take to get your TT? I understand there is a backlog.
My micro is sitting lonely at Danny Miller's waiting for one to come in,,,
norm
Normous

Post by Normous »

coolhl wrote:Norm, How long did it take to get your TT? I understand there is a backlog.
norm
TriggerTech is located 3 hours away and the Herd of Turtles had it to my door the next day, maybe the cold snap up here causes them to move quicker than usual. Danny probably has hundreds of Excaliburs in stock and I doubt yours will be lonely there.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

coolhl wrote:Norm, How long did it take to get your TT? I understand there is a backlog.
norm
Hi,

Danny will have his triggers very soon. We apologize for the delay. Norm's trigger was part of a batch of demo units and so was able to ship as a one off.

We appreciate your patience and interest in TriggerTech.

Cheers,

TT
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

Can you explain what mod you did to the arrow retention spring?
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great looking bow Norm!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Once I get my tax return I'm seriously considering getting a Matrix 2.5 2 stage Hunter TT put in my Micro.

Nice review and nice bow!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus