Our Boofest Charity Selection is Makena Noble

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Our Boofest Charity Selection is Makena Noble

Post by Boo »

Makena is a 4 yr old little girl who is battling Leukemia at Sick Kids Hospital. She's a baby that has to undergo chemo for the next 2 years. Her mother is taking a leave of absence so she can be with Makena during her daily treatments. Both parents are hunters and I dare say that living a couple of hours away from Sick Kids as well as one of the parents taking a leave of absence, that the family will need all the help we can muster. I can only begin to imagine the expenses that will weigh in on the family to fight Makena's battle.
So, there is the object of Boofest's 2015 affection. I don't know if the family will attend Boofest but I've already started working on them :mrgreen: .

Edit;
You can make a Paypal donation to the account of [email protected]
Alternatively, you can mail a cheque/check to;
Julie Noble
55 Harris St.
Cambridge , ON
N1R 3X9
Last edited by Boo on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
maine hunter

Re: Our Boofest Charity Selection is Makena Noble

Post by maine hunter »

Sounds great boo, are we going to have drawings this year for other stuff to win like last year?? Its a great cause for sure, hope they come to boofest. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Hearing stories like that just lets a person know how easy we have it. Hardly begun life and she has to go through all that. Very sad and great choice for the fundraiser. Way to go Don. :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

maine hunter wrote:Sounds great boo, are we going to have drawings this year for other stuff to win like last year?? Its a great cause for sure, hope they come to boofest. :D
You bet and Gena will take charge as usual! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On an embarrassing note, Makena's mother shoots something that smells a bit (barnett) so I am going to buy Julie (Makena's mom) an Excalibur. Rob will help me in that quest to make Julie a complete hunting woman! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:Hearing stories like that just lets a person know how easy we have it. Hardly begun life and she has to go through all that. Very sad and great choice for the fundraiser. Way to go Don. :D
Mike, Makena's mom and I were talking about kids and past charities and I could barely hold back my tears thinking about Kayla. Yes, you are 1,000% right, we all here have it pretty good. When babies and their families have troubles, it easily overcasts the issues of adults. Babies are our responsibly, our future and our main reason for being.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

As usual ... My hats off to ya BOO ... U can expect a little help from the SOUTH ! :D
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Boo wrote:
maine hunter wrote:Sounds great boo, are we going to have drawings this year for other stuff to win like last year?? Its a great cause for sure, hope they come to boofest. :D
On an embarrassing note, Makena's mother shoots something that smells a bit (barnett) so I am going to buy Julie (Makena's mom) an Excalibur. Rob will help me in that quest to make Julie a complete hunting woman! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have already started buying items for the Draw.

I have bought 2 Northwest Territory Big Boy XL Quad Chair
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Cookies wrote:
Boo wrote:

Gena, are you implying something with the XL size???? :lol:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Its her darn cookies!!!! I use to be tiny,now look at me!!! Darn her!!! :D :lol: :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Tom

Post by Tom »

flightattendant100 wrote:[
Gena, are you implying something with the XL size???? :lol:
I think, Gena is planning just in case someone from Texas were to come.................. You know.......... EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS................. LOL
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
flightattendant100

maine hunter wrote:Its her darn cookies!!!! I use to be tiny,now look at me!!! Darn her!!! :D :lol: :lol:
Kevin, if my wife could cook like that I could ROLL! :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Good stuff Don !!! we all go through bad times, myself the last ten years have been rough, but one only has to visit a Children's Hospital to realize how lucky we are, no matter what I'm going through now my two daughters are healthy and that's means everything to me, so I really feel for families who have sick children, this is a GREAT thing you have started Don.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Cookies wrote:
Boo wrote:

We also have 8 Excalibur Diablo 18" arrows and a Brand New Ex-Pack Crossbow Pack from Excalibur
Last edited by Cookies on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

flightattendant100 wrote:
maine hunter wrote:Its her darn cookies!!!! I use to be tiny,now look at me!!! Darn her!!! :D :lol: :lol:
Kevin, if my wife could cook like that I could ROLL! :lol:
The problem is I don't know how to cook for 2. Therefore sweets or not he has plenty to eat. :)
flightattendant100

Cookies wrote:
Boo wrote:

Gena, have you thought about a stool so Boo and Anthony could get into an XL chair? :lol: