Got Lucky on an older like new Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Got Lucky on an older like new Excalibur

Post by DaveShooter »

A good buddy is holding an older Excalibur I think it is the Exomag with 185 limbs in Deer hide brown. In what year did they go to the mag tip limbs from the carved tip limbs and did most of the newer exomaxs with the mag tip limbs have a machined straight or cast straight riser . Just trying to get edamacated as I am very happy to be getting this puppy..... :D
vixenmaster

Re: Got Lucky on an older like new Excalibur

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en its all solid brn its at least a Vixen stock on it. Mag tip around 2000. Exomag will have a mixed brn camo stock n linbs unless swapped out. Ck the ral 185's had 15 1/2" Hey congrats on gettin it. Made a mistake it were a 16" power stroke not the 15 1/2
Last edited by vixenmaster on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Sounds like a keeper for sure. Is it rated at 350 fps?
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Thanks all as I was trying to get myself educated on the different Excal models and variations of Excal bows..... :D PS Am very happy about this bow!
wabi

Post by wabi »

There was a "Brown Bear" model a few years ago. 225# Exomax with brown limbs & stock.

wabi
TPM

Post by TPM »

vixenmaster wrote:If'en its all solid brn its at least a Vixen stock on it. Mag tip around 2000. Exomag will have a mixed brn camo stock n linbs unless swapped out. Ck the ral 185's had 15 1/2" Hey congrats on gettin it
There were other models aside from the Vixen made in deerhide brown for a while back around 2003 or 4.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I saved the info below some time ago but can't remember the source.
It's for the EXO series of bows.

There are a few things to look for when trying to determine the age of Excalibur crossbows.

Currently Excalibur crossbows have two nameplates. The one on the right side indicates the make (i.e. Excalibur), while the one left side indicates the model (i.e. Exocet 200, ExoMax, etc.).

Prior to 2004 Excalibur crossbows had only one nameplate which indicated the model and it was on the right side. The left side didn't have a nameplate.

Also, from 2004 to 2006 the broadhead emblem on Excalibur nameplate was inline with and at the end of the word Excalibur (i.e. EXCALIBUR>). From 2007 to present the broadhead emblem is a different shape and placed at a 45 degree angle and overlaid the letters "XCA" of the word EXCALIBUR.

As well, up to 2003, the rail / mainframe had one scribe line, from 2004 to present it has two, indicating where the string should ideally lie between for the proper brace height.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

TPM wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:If'en its all solid brn its at least a Vixen stock on it. Mag tip around 2000. Exomag will have a mixed brn camo stock n linbs unless swapped out. Ck the ral 185's had 15 1/2" Hey congrats on gettin it
There were other models aside from the Vixen made in deerhide brown for a while back around 2003 or 4.
Yes sir but they wouldn't have been a 185 E'mag. They would have been the 200 pounder
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wabi wrote:There was a "Brown Bear" model a few years ago. 225# Exomax with brown limbs & stock.

Mike yer so right on that, i seldom have saw one n they slip by me old feeble mind
Half Bubble Off BD360

DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

It is like the one in the pictures shown from what I here. As I haven't got the bow just yet. Sending out a down payment to hold her for me as I can't wait to get this baby- As it hasn't been shot that much and is like new and I trust this friend with my life. I thanks all the help from the forum here.... :D
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

DaveShooter that whole brown front setup look mighty darn fine in a wood stock!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

RexKay wrote:DaveShooter that whole brown front setup look mighty darn fine in a wood stock!
Maybe someday down the road, but for now gonna leave it stock as it is- But ya sure got a great idea there-Thanks for the idea for the future- Whom would a person go to if they wanted such a stock?-Just wondering !!!!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

wabi wrote:There was a "Brown Bear" model a few years ago. 225# Exomax with brown limbs & stock.

That;s a very nice looking bow for sure as I am gonna love it when I get it I know !!!!
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have the old poop brown exomax love that thang..Don't shoot it much but can't bring myself to sell it
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

tharris811 wrote:

I have the old poop brown exomax love that thang..Don't shoot it much but can't bring myself to sell it
Hey Wabi I can sure understand why ya don't wanna part with it as I will Hang on to this one when I get her. Did you do any good hunting this past year???? I didn't but I sure did enjoy being outdoors anyway !!!!