Arrows for Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gregs

Arrows for Micro

Post by gregs »

Just got the wife a Micro and need arrows. What are you shooting and where you getting them?
racking up points

Re: Arrows for Micro

Post by racking up points »

Congrats on the new purchase. It helps when we know your location and you can add that in the user control panel.

I highly recommend Black Eagle Zombies. I got mine from Boo but he sells bare shafts, are you planning on assembling them yourself or do you want finished arrows? Big John makes some great finished arrows too. Both of these guys can be found on the forum but they are in Ontario.

If in the US, I recommend Jerry from South Shore Archery.

Here is a good combo for your wife's bow:
15.5"-16" zombies, 2" blazer vanes, 92gr or 110gr brass insert, plastic nocks, 100gr broadhead
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Black Eagle Zombie Slayers, no doubt.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 on South Shore Archery Jerry is a real pro, his phone # 1-603-659-0675. And Big john on this forum is also top shelve. And I also agree the zombies are hard to beat. Going from the stock fire bolts that came with my package, to the zombies was day and night past 25 yards, for sure give them a try...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

X 4. Zombies are hard to beat !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wyverns has them, and Mainstreet Archery also. George can be found on the trading post. They are in the US.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Call me crazy, but this is what I've been thinking recently. Although the Quills will shoot well and likely really well if refletched, the 0.003" Executioners are the way to go for the Micro if you want to use a 100 or 125 gr broadhead.
Because the Quills have aluminum front inserts, they lack the built-in FOC. The 0.003" Executioners after being cut down will get real straight and real stiff. Couple that with a brass insert and I think you'll have a honest to goodness contender.
The 0.003" Executioners list for about $60.00 per dozen and the Zombies list at just under $90.00 per dozen (both prices are for shafts only).
I have some 0.003" Executioners on order and when the weather lets me shoot some, I'm going to test my theory. I think I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

Edit to add;
A 16.5" shaft, 80 gr insert, 100 gr tip, Blazers and plastic nock will run 353 gr and 21% FOC
The same shaft with a 92 gr insert will run 22% FOC
Looks good to me!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bubba

Post by bubba »

Sounds like they will work for sure Boo, and save a handful of money to boot. And if you take the decals off no one will no the difference, but I would be interested in accuracy, if there would be any change, as for reference only. Since the micro is not in my future.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:
Edit to add;
A 16.5" shaft, 80 gr insert, 100 gr tip, Blazers and plastic nock will run 353 gr and 21% FOC
Looks good to me!
That is the exact arrow combo I had in mind for Dads Micro.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Boo wrote:Call me crazy, but this is what I've been thinking recently. Although the Quills will shoot well and likely really well if refletched, the 0.003" Executioners are the way to go for the Micro if you want to use a 100 or 125 gr broadhead.
Because the Quills have aluminum front inserts, they lack the built-in FOC. The 0.003" Executioners after being cut down will get real straight and real stiff. Couple that with a brass insert and I think you'll have a honest to goodness contender.
The 0.003" Executioners list for about $60.00 per dozen and the Zombies list at just under $90.00 per dozen (both prices are for shafts only).
I have some 0.003" Executioners on order and when the weather lets me shoot some, I'm going to test my theory. I think I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

Edit to add;

^^^^ This.
Looks good to me!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Boo

Post by Boo »

Opps! I forgot the ole venerable 110 gr insert :mrgreen:

385 gr and 23% FOC. I wonder how some smallish 3D vanes will work with this set up! So much to experiment with and so %&*#@*& little time! :shock:
gregs

Post by gregs »

I'm thinking 80 gr Insert, 125gr tip, Luminocks, and Blazers. How short are people cutting them?
Boo

Post by Boo »

gregs wrote:I'm thinking 80 gr Insert, 125gr tip, Luminocks, and Blazers. How short are people cutting them?
That will work with 16 or 16.5.
Bookmark this page and use the calculator.
http://www.goldtip.com/calculators.aspx
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Was just talkin with a guy on the phone the other night and had the same conversation. Once you cut an executioner down it will be darn near as stiff as a Zombie. I plan on the same deal for my Micro. Not at all worried about them being accurate enough to hunt with.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Just wondering, can your wife cock the Micro?
I have quills cut down to 15 inches with brass inserts, Zombies cut down to 15 inches with 2 inch Blazers and zombies cut down to 15 inches with low profile vanes and they all shoot great to 30 yards ( my hunting range)...
Norm