Replacment Screws, Bolts, for our Xbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Michiganhunter

Replacment Screws, Bolts, for our Xbows

Post by Michiganhunter »

I have used this company for Stainless Torx screws for my scope mount and they are great to work with and have very fair prices. They carry about anything you could want. Thought I would share.
albanycountyfasteners.com
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
bubba

Re: Replacment Screws, Bolts, for our Xbows

Post by bubba »

Hey, Thanks another good site I've added to my favorites. I think that's about five now, but its always good to mix and match....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

It would be nice if a company put a stainless kit together where u could buy the kit , and replace all the screws at once ! :idea:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
bubba

Post by bubba »

Mo wannabe wrote:It would be nice if a company put a stainless kit together where u could buy the kit , and replace all the screws at once ! :idea:
X-2 on that!! And a kit in Titanium, Be all over that, in fact if some one like Normous, or Rackin up points. who have changed out there bows, With complete sets, from the limb bolts to scope bolts, I think I counted 19 of different sizes, for every bolt and screw. I know I for one would be in line... No doubt............. Norm ...derrick... What say you??? smile....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

bubba wrote:
Mo wannabe wrote:It would be nice if a company put a stainless kit together where u could buy the kit , and replace all the screws at once ! :idea:
X-2 on that!! And a kit in Titanium, Be all over that, in fact if some one like Normous, or Rackin up points. who have changed out there bows, With complete sets, from the limb bolts to scope bolts, I think I counted 19 of different sizes, for every bolt and screw. I know I for one would be in line... No doubt............. Norm ...derrick... What say you??? smile....
You'd be surprised how much weight in our bows comes from just the fasteners. You'd also be shocked at how light Ti fatseners really are, maybe about 1/2-1/3 of the weight of steel.

A titanium fastener kit would be great and it's not that outlandish...scorpyd's have them! Norm and I have replaced all of the steel fasteners at the front of the bow, except the shoulder bolts, (I am working on those), and it makes a noticeable difference in weight reduction. The bigger benefit is you don't need to worry about stripping the heads or having them rust on you. The downside...it's expensive, especially when outfitting three bows.

I have heard, but cannot confirm this, that Danny Miller will sell a complete stainless fastener kit. That wouldn't do anything for weight reduction, but would still be an obvious upgrade over the stock fastener kit at a more affordable price.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

racking up points wrote:
bubba wrote:
You'd be surprised how much weight in our bows comes from just the fasteners. You'd also be shocked at how light Ti fatseners really are, maybe about 1/2-1/3 of the weight of steel.

A titanium fastener kit would be great and it's not that outlandish...scorpyd's have them! Norm and I have replaced all of the steel fasteners at the front of the bow, except the shoulder bolts, (I am working on those), and it makes a noticeable difference in weight reduction. The bigger benefit is you don't need to worry about stripping the heads or having them rust on you. The downside...it's expensive, especially when outfitting three bows.

I have heard, but cannot confirm this, that Danny Miller will sell a complete stainless fastener kit. That wouldn't do anything for weight reduction, but would still be an obvious upgrade over the stock fastener kit at a more affordable price.
Not sure about a complete kit, but I know Danny has had stainless fasteners in the past. Give him a shout, the call is worth it.
bubba

Post by bubba »

As Derrick said, stainless steel would make a good switch out, around 15.00 for limb bolts,shoulder bolts, stirrup bolts, riser to rail bolts, and even the scope rail bots. compared to titanium about 50.00 are more... But man Titanium or bust for me.....
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

Anybody know the specs for the limb bolt screws offhand?
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
taz3

Post by taz3 »

bubba wrote:As Derrick said, stainless steel would make a good switch out, around 15.00 for limb bolts,shoulder bolts, stirrup bolts, riser to rail bolts, and even the scope rail bots. compared to titanium about 50.00 are more... But man Titanium or bust for me.....
Titanium bolts for the limbs and riser would be around $60, these would have the greatest impact on weight. I would figure a full kit in titanium would be around $100 give or take.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Normous

Post by Normous »

XCaddis wrote:Anybody know the specs for the limb bolt screws offhand?
Limb to Riser is 5/16"-18x 1.5"
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

taz3 wrote:
bubba wrote:As Derrick said, stainless steel would make a good switch out, around 15.00 for limb bolts,shoulder bolts, stirrup bolts, riser to rail bolts, and even the scope rail bots. compared to titanium about 50.00 are more... But man Titanium or bust for me.....
Titanium bolts for the limbs and riser would be around $60, these would have the greatest impact on weight. I would figure a full kit in titanium would be around $100 give or take.
Check out Ti64.com...the $US exchange rate is killer right now for us Canucks.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits