Crossbow vs. Rifle?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

I am Richard. Thank you for the help. What is a crossbow? What is a rifle?
I am fondling myself now. Thank you.

The richard that wrote this, pm me with your real name and when we can meet. From my past experience I have always found that it is best to deal with people like you in person.
Richard

Re: With Ya!

Post by Richard »

BUCKSHOT wrote:I think the last Richard is a fake!
It's true, I am the real "Richard". (Maybe an admin can compare the ip's?)
But some the comments in this forum show, how unprofessional and weak people can be. I'm sorry for that.
("is this Seaseme Street?", "I believe that was the theme from the old CHEERS show .........")
I said that I'm new and that I apologise for that.

Other people here helped me with good informations and I want to thank them!

(this was the last post for me in this forum, so any "Richards" that could follow are faked!)

Bye.

Post by Guest »

Richard just asked a question and it's sad some coward took his name.
Sorry for that, real Richard!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Richard just asked a question and it's sad some coward took his name.
Sorry for that, real Richard!

So sad when we have "Richard"/Guest posing as one in the same just to ridicule us.
Go away "Richard" or register yourself on the forum. :twisted:
wabi.

Post by wabi. »

I frequently when in a hurry just jump in as a guest to view posts. If I respond to something I just type my name (wabi) followed by a (.) to post without logging in.
Whether Richard is a member seeking honest information, a troll seeking anti crossbow - anti hunting information, or just an uninformed individual as a guest really matters little in how I conduct myself personally.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I am a hunter, and I do use a crossbow, as well as other archery equipment and guns, to hunt. I hunt for my personal enjoyment and use the meat to feed my family. I'm not ashamed, but rather, proud of my hunting skills, and I feel hunting is a right - not a privlege for me! My Shawnee ancestors hunted and passed the tradition down to the next generarion, I hunt and will teach my son to do the same!
I won't intentionally be rude to anyone who inquires, either on an internet forum or in person, but if I suspect their motives are to distort what I say and use it to attack my rights I simply give a very vague answer, or avoid the question and don't speak.
I figure if Richard is honestly trying to decide if crossbow hunting is for him, he's probably ready to disassociate himself from such a bunch of paranoid people by now. If he is a troll he does no harm in asking questions, but rather we do harm to our crossbow hunting rights by appearing to be defending or rights with insulting answers.

Richard,
If you have read this far, I would like to again say the crossbow or rifle is capable of inflicting fatal injury. As a hunter, I can (and do) legally use either to kill game. It is my moral responsibility to kill the game I hunt as quickly as possible, and to use the meat & other products it provides with as little waste as possible. I do not kill for sport only, and I do everything in my power to avoid injuring any living thing I do not intend to kill and use.
I hope you do the same!
wabi
(who is using some of the meat from one of the deer he killed to include in a medicine bundle for a man's funeral today - the kills also provide religious & ceremonial products)

Post by Guest »

wabi,

Psychology 101 comes in handy sometimes when dealing with rogue posters. :twisted: As does a course called Critical Thinking. These were just electives on my way to an ENG degree, but they're still part of my knowledge base. :wink:

Post by Guest »

@wabi.:

Thank you!!!

I agree with 100 %!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Does this analogy work? A swimming pool is like the animal you shoot. An animal is made up of mostly water. Dive straight down into the pool and you are like an arrow. You can reach the bottom in a heartbeat. Now take that same body of yours (same mass/weight) and turn it into a cannonball (like a roundball for blackpowder). When you hit the water you are slowed immediately and then slowly go to the bottom.

If you have ever seen a wound channel created by a bullet you will have noticed that the wound far exceeds the diameter of even the largest round fully mushroomed. That is because when the bullet starts to change shape, it starts off as a dive and turns into a cannonball, it is now pushing water out of the way as it moves through the animal. The wound channel looks something like an ice-cream cone, sans ice-cream. Starts small and gets bigger. A fist could easily fit into some of these wound channels.

I haven't yet seen a wound channel created by an arrow/broadhead combination but I would imagine that the hole is not much larger then the widest point of the broadhead. Make sense?
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I never considerd that the 'second Richard' would be someone playing games with his name.

I guess that can happen when a person is not registered to post.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Gabor0000

Re: Crossbow vs. Rifle?

Post by Gabor0000 »

A rifle and a crossbow can be compared!

Crossbows are used by military forces like the Russian Spetznaz (Special forces).

Here is the link, you can read it:

http://militaryanalysis.blogspot.com/20 ... ssbow.html

A good crossbow is same deadly as a normal hunting rifle. You can kill a hog or a bear with it. Our ancestors fought wars with simple bows and they also used crossbows in vietnam, as long as i know. Of course most crossbows are not as accurate as a rifle, so hunting with it is more of a challange, but hunting with normal bow is the real challange. But of course it's far not impossible, many people doing it.

A crossbow or bow is an ideal silent weapon and more ideal survival weapon. A big strenght of the arrow shooting weapons, is that you can actually use the arrows again and again, no ammunation loosing, that's why it's a good survival weapon.

Anther good thing about bows and crossbows is that they can't jam, they require far less maintenance and learning (even a child can easily learn how to use a bow or crossbow). And in some countries, they don't allow to keep weapons with barrel, but you can keep crossbows/bows because they don't have any barrel.

Anyway, a new crossbow called TAC-15 came out, it's very accurate and powerful.

Video demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDQthc4jap4
DJH

Post by DJH »

The TAC-15 - You forgot to mention it is also very heavy, cumbersome and long making it undedisreable to the majority as a hunting weapon. I have shot the TAC-15 so am aware of its drawbacks. Remember, the more complicated a crossbow is the more that can go wrong with it. And if something can go wrong, it definately will.

Furthermore, why any military force would want to use a crossbow when they have access to silcenced firearms is beyond me. Those who think that crossbows are the silent weapon have obviuously never shot one or they would know that crossbows are much louder than a vertical bow or a silenced firearm.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Garbor . . .nice post and welcome to the forum. However, the relavance in your arguement is not there. Rifles, in every way, are more practical as a survival weapon and as a tactical weapon. Rifles are far superior in every aspect except maybe target practicing from close range(less than 50 yards). Sure, it's easy to retrieve the arrow and reusing it when target practicing. However, when using it in the field, retriving the arrow isn't easy and lots are lost. Losing one arrow is about the same as losing a box of shells as far as cost goes.

Rifles are far superior in many, may ways . . .no way I'd take a crossbow to a gun fight.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Wow, theres alot of digging involved to find a 6 year old thread. Not to mention this being a first post. spam or troll?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

one shot scott wrote:Wow, theres alot of digging involved to find a 6 year old thread. Not to mention this being a first post. spam or troll?

Everytime I see an old post brought to the top, I think it's spam. Especially when they put a link in their signature that is obviously spam.

One of the spammers was boasting about "we will always come back". Well, we will just keep whacking them and our pact is to NEVER open their link and never buy anything.

They are getting better . . .they are at least making an attempt at replying to the topic. Too bad their knowledge and grammer is really bad.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

sumner4991 wrote:
one shot scott wrote:Wow, theres alot of digging involved to find a 6 year old thread. Not to mention this being a first post. spam or troll?

Everytime I see an old post brought to the top, I think it's spam. Especially when they put a link in their signature that is obviously spam.

One of the spammers was boasting about "we will always come back". Well, we will just keep whacking them and our pact is to NEVER open their link and never buy anything.

They are getting better . . .they are at least making an attempt at replying to the topic. Too bad their knowledge and grammer is really bad.
Ahhh...now I see why you thought I was a spammer in another post :lol:

Not only do you maintain kill records for the board, you're our Spam patrol! Thanks on both accounts :D

What you said is true and it would be easy for ExCal to do away with nearly all of the spam post we get if they would change forum platforms. Many forums require you to have a certain number of post before being able to post a link. PHBB has always been known to have lax Spam capabilities.

*sigh* But I do think we're doing a good job so far of controlling it ourselves.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4