Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
wildcatter

Re: new rope cocker hooks i made

Post by wildcatter »

Will be watch'n the hooks, and need 2 pair as soon as it all comes together, I will gladly convert mine as I am always keeping my boots on to shoot, and not letting them slip through the tirup any farther than I have too. I saw the one picture of a guy's foot after one of the plastic's let loose with his boots on,,,,,IT AINT PRETTY!!! I am sure the price is just,,,and to me well worth it!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
No One

Post by No One »

I guess the bows outlast the rope cocker. Dats nice to know. Good job on the hooks. That comes from a metal worker. :D
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

nice work munch
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

munch wrote:[the ones in the picture i did for mike are powder coat i have my own oven. it may peel as well but i put them in a brass tumbler for a couple days with sandblasting sand to round the edge .i hope the roughness makes the powder cpoat bond better
That is a nice job on your hook design.
They should withstand any bow that Excalibur may come out with in the future.
Good to see enough meat on those hooks compared to the original.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Seafermiles

Post by Seafermiles »

Been wanting to comment on this Topic and finally got logged in today after calling the Excal Mkg Dude...
Great idea with the metal hooks. I just bought my M330 a month ago and have been a little leery of the plastic hooks. There is a lot of force on them when cocking.
What I would do for mine would to create more of a radius for the string. Then use a piece of paracord impregnated with diamond paste and polish the inside of the hook to a mirror finish.
Sea
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
munch

Post by munch »

Seafermiles wrote:Been wanting to comment on this Topic and finally got logged in today after calling the Excal Mkg Dude...
Great idea with the metal hooks. I just bought my M330 a month ago and have been a little leery of the plastic hooks. There is a lot of force on them when cocking.
What I would do for mine would to create more of a radius for the string. Then use a piece of paracord impregnated with diamond paste and polish the inside of the hook to a mirror finish.
Sea
good idea but im not sure till we test it if it needs to be any better.i think they are much better than the 2 claws that hold the string once its cooked hope mike has time to try these out and add some input
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Let us know when you might be makin' a few more!
I would like to be somewhat near the top of the list for a set Please!! :D

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
munch

Post by munch »

IronNoggin wrote:Let us know when you might be makin' a few more!
I would like to be somewhat near the top of the list for a set Please!! :D

Cheers,
Nog
i will try and post here when i figure out the pulleys . im going to try and make them on my lathe untill i find a local cnc shop that can do them
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Seafermiles

Post by Seafermiles »

Take a HSS blank and grind it to the radius you want.
For mass production I see a lot of tool changes. Drilling center, radius cutting, cut-off, finish work. But it can be done. Monotonous if you are after many pieces. Lots to say for CNC and auto tool changing.
Good Product, Good Luck
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Hey when you start to sale them would be very much interested in some too...
Please let us know here on the forum when they on the sales block.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Hooks look great. Would feel a lot better with them than the plastic ones.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I like your product workmanship and design, Munch. So, don't be offended, please, by my posing questions about the need for this particular one.

I've heard of hook(s) failing on another thread about someone selling offshore cocking devices. I understand how this could be a concern in some cases.

However, has anyone heard reliable reports of an Excalibur hook failing on any of their cocking aids? I have a 405 and never gave a moment's thought to hook failure until now.

I would appreciate knowing whether this is a cure intended for offshore product or for all cocking aids, domestic and foreign.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
munch

Post by munch »

Hi5 wrote:I like your product workmanship and design, Munch. So, don't be offended, please, by my posing questions about the need for this particular one.

I've heard of hook(s) failing on another thread about someone selling offshore cocking devices. I understand how this could be a concern in some cases.

However, has anyone heard reliable reports of an Excalibur hook failing on any of their cocking aids? I have a 405 and never gave a moment's thought to hook failure until now.

I would appreciate knowing whether this is a cure intended for offshore product or for all cocking aids, domestic and foreign.
i dont think it happens often with excal equipment. i hunt with a buddy who had it happen with his 380 .all stock equipment no offshore .it may never happen again but he knows i tinker and asked if i could come up with something to just give him piece of mind .i did find a local cnc shop today and put an order in for 100 rollers today .these hooks will not be cheap but all that have seen them agree they are by far better than plastic.i wont have parts for 2 weeks then have to finish and powder coat .if guys are interested please pm me and i will explain price and put you on a list if interested thanks terry
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Nice pair of Hookers !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: