Heading North

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Heading North

Post by BrotherRon »

Gonna head North when the wife gets home this afternoon and spend a day or two at the cabin. Will be doing a little target shooting with the Vixen to get her sighted in good. The rest of the time will be spent roaming the woods with our chocolate lab, putting up the trail cams, replenishing mineral licks, grilling ribeyes, and just relaxing around the campfire. It is really amazing how many stars you can see with no city lights within 20 miles. (something most city kids will never see)
When I say city, I'm talking small city (5000 max) I would have to drive a couple hours to get to a bigger city, and like 4 hours to get to a city the size of Minneapolis. The town I live in is only 230... and I think that includes dogs & cats. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
paulaboutform

Re: Heading North

Post by paulaboutform »

Sounds like a great weekend Ron. Enjoy! :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Sounds great ! Enjoy !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Ron,
Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend. Enjoy it all buddy. I have been a country boy all my life and I often sit outdoors after dark on the deck looking into the sky. You see some amazing things quite often. I had planned a tripped to Toronto and Ottawa with a friend who was originally from Toronto, 12 years ago. He told me about never seeing the sky and the stars and such when he lived in the city. I was somewhat disbelieving of that. But when I was out and about the city on the first night in Toronto, I thought to look up into the sky, apparently I made a rather loud comment about there being no sky and stars, :lol: :lol: . Everyone that was around us had a good laugh at me and with me, :lol: :lol: . They knew right away that I was just a country hick, :lol: :lol: . But you know what, those people that was laughing with me do not know what they were missing, I wish I could have showed them the sky and the moon and stars and everything else that is in the sky and the stuff that you see going on in the sky and outer space, it is awesome, :D :D . I am dang proud to be a Country Boy, :D :D .
Thanks,
Raymond
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

yup... totally amazing things going on up there.
a few of us were sitting in the back yard years ago and suddenly saw what looked like 4 stars racing across the sky... when they all took perfectly square corners without slowing down and went in different directions everyone said "WOW" them must be ufo's
They can call them what they want - I believe they were angels :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: