The bad boy 380 Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

The bad boy 380 Matrix

Post by DaveShooter »

Shot my 380 approx. 2-hrs with 20 " xx75 2219 Magnums and 100 grain field points. Got it all fined tuned to 30 yd shots for this upcoming Ohio Deer season.
This Bow is flat out awesome- I know a lot of you guys shoot long shots but mine in the woods I hunt in are gonna be 30 or less in yards- Anyway this is one flat shooting bow- I love it !!!!! and Thank God for the C2 crank too as saves on the arms and back.... :D
8ptbuk

Re: The bad boy 380 Matrix

Post by 8ptbuk »

They are a great bow !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nutten like havin a model you enjoy to shoot
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Dave, you are preachin to the choir. :wink: enjoy.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bubba

Post by bubba »

DaveShooter, Sounds like you had fun..I still can only smile and prepare for that day when my Matrix 380 arrives, still down the road a bit, but.... only a bit. You say the c2 crank is nice? I am also thinking maybe I will want one, after awhile of shooting. We will see... sure is pleasant to read a thread on the 380..Hands down my favorite Excalibur..Not dinging the micro midget. Its a breath of fresh air....
Last edited by bubba on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

You couldn't go wrong with the 380 it's a sweetheart. :wink:

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

If I could only own one Matrix, it'd be the 380.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

380 is my go to bow dressed to kill . the mirco is fun to shoot
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

bubba wrote:DaveShooter, Sounds like you hard fun..I still can only smile and prepare for that day when my Matrix 380 arrives, still down the road a bit, but.... only a bit. You say the c2 crank is nice? I am also thinking maybe I will want one, after awhile of shooting. We will see... sure is pleasant to read a thread on the 380..Hands down my favorite Excalibur..Not dinging the micro midget. Its a breath of fresh air....
Yea the C2 sure does save the ole back and arms on a cocking this bad boy- Hopefully you will get your 380 soon as I too had mine in lay-away at a gun and bow dealers shop for awhile til I got it paid for- Used an ole loaner 10 point x-bow last season that I use to own from a buddy of mine. have ya got one on hold for ya if not check and see what Danny Miller can get ya one here is his #740-483-2312- Nice talking at ya and all the best to ya !!!! :D
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

vixenmaster wrote:Nutten like havin a model you enjoy to shoot
A Big Amen on that one Mike. As I just love Excal's crossbow as I've had my share of them through the years and took Deer with'em too as I know you have ole buddy- Esp with that monster bad boy Kong ya got- :lol:
bubba

Post by bubba »

DaveShooter, Yep down the road I think the c2-crank will be a must have.. I've a been putting away here and there, and I'm about there.. Thanks for the Danny Miller # and he does have some good deals, but he likes to sell complete packages, but he don't carry Nikon, or Hawke. And I don't care for the Excalibur scopes. So David at Wyverns Will be my go to guy this time. Start with the bare bow. And then the Hawke XB-30 PRO SR. Slowly but surly I will get there... Come Oct 15.. Both my son and I will be slinging and a killen with our 380s. SMILE,, It will happen......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

racking up points wrote:If I could only own one Matrix, it'd be the 380.
X2 on that! :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:DaveShooter, Yep down the road I think the c2-crank will be a must have.. I've a been putting away here and there, and I'm about there.. Thanks for the Danny Miller # and he does have some good deals, but he likes to sell complete packages, but he don't carry Nikon, or Hawke. And I don't care for the Excalibur scopes. So David at Wyverns Will be my go to guy this time. Start with the bare bow. And then the Hawke XB-30 PRO SR. Slowly but surly I will get there... Come Oct 15.. Both my son and I will be slinging and a killen with our 380s. SMILE,, It will happen......
Spect that Hawke Pro would be good, i jus looked at the weight of 24 oz. :shock: I think i will try the Nikon & the Zeiss XB75
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well Mike, I feel you cant go wrong with either one. The Nikon to me is the best Highest quality scope out there for 150.00 dollars, And that Zeiss is I'm sure a beauty... The Hawke is a little heavy, but still my first choice. And don't drop kick that Redfeild wannabe, almost as bad Leupold to hard, Cause remember you gotta try and get some money for it.... Smile.....
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I also love my Blackout 380...but once I held the sleek, perfectly balanced, like it was tailored just for me....Nightmare 335 8) ...I was in love all over again...for me I feel very comfortable shooting out to 60 yards...but do not believe that would be a high percentage shot at all...for all of you normal height guys...I would say the 380 IS your bow...I have loved mine and would not want to sell it...the 380 is one flat shooting, high powered baby... that is just the perfect work horse...

...yea they all are fun to shoot!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings