I just saw a REAL TROPHY!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerslayr

I just saw a REAL TROPHY!!!!!

Post by deerslayr »

My wife and I had went out for a drive today and I wanted to show her an incredible house I had found while scouting some public hunting areas near a lake a few miles away. After looking at the house she said lets go on down the road to the hunting area and see the North end of the lake. The plant growth along this area is so thick you need a chain saw to get through most of it. I had just started to drive by a small clearing in the hedge and there he was about fifty yards a way. He was the biggest buck I had ever seen myself in the wild! :shock: I know he would score at least a 180. I hit the brakes and he did too, we had some serious eye contact :shock: and I said to my wife look at that buck and he was gone before she could look! :cry: I will take my camera from now on. I hope he will come back some day when I am ready and waiting for him.

One question for you long time xbowers I have noticed a strange odor when I fire my exomag. Is it caused by the friction of the string on the deck? I don’t what causes it but I think it is going to be one of my favorite smells, right up there with gunpowder.
:wink:
If you can't take a good shot, don't take a shot.

Dan R.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Deerslayr,

The smell is normal. It's caused by the friction of the bolt/rail and string/rail contact. Go and shoot aluminum arrows at night (into the dirt) and you will see sparks on the rail too from the anodizing burning off the arrow shaft.

Good luck on tappin' the big one this fall.

Mike
Digger

Post by Digger »

Thats caused by the friction of the bolt sliding down the rail at speed. Your right its an intoxicating smell.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I thought it was from the wax on the string melting. But that was just a guess.
Vladymere

Post by Vladymere »

I noticed this odor also. It smells, to me, like a cap gun. I think it may be the string wax "dieseling" on the rail.

Vlad
BUCKSLAYER

here in penna

Post by BUCKSLAYER »

ive been watching a monster around here also 10pointer probably 18-20 wide with 8 inch brow tines..ive seen him 6 times so i think im onto him