Arrows fer Micro's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bubba

Re: Arrows fer Micro's

Post by bubba »

You killen me already, Ya'll should be real cute out there in them woods this year..Did you know Captain Morgan was Gay? that's why the purple and he also liked Pink finger nail polish.....Smile....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i can't say as i weren't there wid his mottly crew :lol: Captain Morgan Micro is secure in his manhood :D n so is i :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

[ SMILE }.......................... Still the best strings out there.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey fer past 10 min's or so i have readin history on him. Doesn't never say he were Gay, said he was married but the had no children.
Half Bubble Off BD360

bubba

Post by bubba »

MIKE....... I was only foolin ya.....
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba tell u what i am fixen to do, make a muddy Girl string fer Captain Morgan! That should guarantee at least half dz Doe's this Fall, they jus can't resist a handsome Pirate, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I think Makenna will have pink nail polish........ I mean if you need it Vixen. :lol:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

mike with those bee even at 40yds shoot one dot at a time this little bow is that accurate i put a tt in mine it helped me with the longer shot it just breaks clean
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bob watkins wrote:mike with those bee even at 40yds shoot one dot at a time this little bow is that accurate i put a tt in mine it helped me with the longer shot it just breaks clean
Bet these boogers ought to shoot fairly good.
I think i may get to shoot late this afternoon after we getstid back from seymore mo.
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I'm a cheap Ba.....,,, guy :wink: I got a slug of them old Spynal Tapps .003's indexed when Jerry discontinued them, so that what "The Little Bitch" is going to be shoot'n.
I cut mine to 16.5" that has me right at the end of the sturip with my VPA, Slick Trick, or Striker 100 grain broadhead. It also has an 85 grain brass insert and 2" Blazers w/plastic nocks, and has me dead on 390 grains. I chronographed mine just the other day and was at 325.2 fps w/91 lbs. FT. KE.

I also shot some 18" that stuck out a couple inches past the sturip, and shot the same hole the 16.5 spynal tapps did 55 grn. LNL 2" blazer and 125 grain points and 389 grains,,,, the li'll bitch shoots!!!

Let us know what yours end up weigh'n and how they shoot vixenmaster, and how you set em up!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I'll stay with my Easton alum 2020's I don't believe there's a stronger arrow out there. I've been shooting these for a while now.Mike look some up cheaper than most you buy.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey V M ..... Put some pretty colored nocks on the ones u bring to the shoot out ... Cause we're all going to be aiming at them. :lol: :lol:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

From my MicroMax, I'm shooting very accurately with: 17" Zombies, aluminum inserts, 2" blazers, Lumenocks and 170gr field points for a total arrow weight of 395 grains.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I just put 6 more together on the 16.5" Old Spynal Tapps. Used SK-300 vaines, 55 grain LNL, with a "D" nock from Firenock, and a 100 grain broadhed, and I am at 360 grains all six arrows are within .3 grains of each other, I will be testing these against the previous mentioned 6 with fixed broadheads to se what performs best, but have to wait till my buddy gets back from an unexpected vacation to finish the sound deadening on the bow before I can finish putting it back together,,,,,, :roll:

I may go to 125 grain fixed blades with the newest shafts for 385 grain, but I'll let the targets dictate that. I know I found these longer SK vaines to be more affected by wind at long range in the 380, we'll see how they turnout here????
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Gundy

Post by Gundy »

Some feedback on my morning at the range.

I recieved my BEE's from David at Wyven and decided go put them through yardages of 20,30,40,50 & 60 respectively. So I did some calcs and the results dictated that my Micro should be hitting 298-300FPS with my new arrow weight of the BEE's using a 125gn head. I set my Octane Dead Zone speed dial smack on 300 and shot the first arrow at 20 (a field tip). I hit the small black dot I was aiming at on my 3D deer. I changed over to some Muzzy Trocar 125 broadheads and there was nil difference, identical spot. I continued through the different yardages and all distances up to 50 were absolutely "SPOT ON". Field tip/broadhead - did not matter. Dead on.

I then went to 60 yards which was the last triangle/dot within my reticle. I aimed (using broadheads only at this stage) and was 1/2" away from where I was aiming at. Unbelievable! I purposly aimed 1" high for my second shot and 1" low for my third. You can see the second and third shot in the pic (top & bottom), and reason for both being to the right was the 5-6 knot breeze that started up left to right before the storm front came through - after my first shot. I also like how the total weight of 425gn really seemed to quieten the Micro down; no twang now, just a thud.

This will be my recipe for the Micro for good. Hard hitting, more than enough Ke to take down anything we have down these parts. Time to hunt!

Black Eagle Executioners .001"
- 16.5" long, 110gn brass insert, RH helical blazers, 125gn on the busines end = total weight of 425gn.

PS: I was shooting from a kneeling position with the front of the Micro supported only.

Excalibur Micro Xtra | 16.5" Black Eagle Executioner's | Slick Trick Magnum 125's