Lumenock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Lumenock

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. For those of you that suggested Lumenocks, over the other lighted nocks, Thank You! For those of you, who are considering using lighted nocks, Get the Lumenocks! You will not be disappointed... Had to tweek them a bit at first. (I am using Easton Magnums-2219's) Had one of them that would flicker on and off, when I was not using arrow. Nock ends were squared and cleaned, so I pulled out nock and rotated it, and it works fine... The only difference in my POI, with the Lumenocks, were - 6 shots @20 yds., arrows were 3" high with 150 gr. field pt. That was the only difference between the lumenocks and the regular nocks. 6 more shots, each @30 and 40, were dead on... Shot 6 more shots, at the same distances, with a 125 gr. Bear 2 blade, with a 25gr. Muzzy grasshopper ring (similar to a judo point), behind it, and I did not have to make any sight adjustments... Now, I am ready to smoke a Turkey! :mrgreen:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
cdn.redneck

Re: Lumenock

Post by cdn.redneck »

You're welcome. Too many types of equipment amd yours to pick which one to use. They are bright enough and fun for evening shoot :mrgreen:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

I would just love to order lumenoks but I keep seeing things concerning internal diameters, adding screws to the lumenoks, and all other sorts of things that are discussed that make me think that I do not have the expertise to choose and install the damned things.
Vortex

Post by newbie »

dabluz wrote:I would just love to order lumenoks but I keep seeing things concerning internal diameters, adding screws to the lumenoks, and all other sorts of things that are discussed that make me think that I do not have the expertise to choose and install the damned things.
They are simple! You order proper sized for your shafts and remove your old nock and glue residue if there is any and press them in. Screws are not added to Luminocks but instead added to plastick nocks to replicate the luminok weight for practicing with.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2 newbie
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

Facile a installer sans ce casser la tete et fonctionne a perfection :mrgreen:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

cdn.redneck wrote:Facile a installer sans ce casser la tete et fonctionne a perfection :mrgreen:
Thanks..... lol ... :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

cdn.redneck wrote:Facile a installer sans ce casser la tete et fonctionne a perfection :mrgreen:

....now what dialect of Italian is that :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

amythntr wrote:

....now what dialect of Italian is that :shock: :shock: :shock:

No ablo espagnol senior :mrgreen:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Not trying to hijack this Lumenok lovefest...I have them and love them...HOWEVER, someone had recommended I try the Ignitors by Nu-Fletch...other than the weight differential (38g versus 27g for the lummy) I find the Ignitor "much more" easy to deal with and extremely easy to extinguish.

....again I love the lumenoks that I have...but going forward...I am using the ignitors, unless weight become that critical for me...which it has not to date

....if nothing else, give them a "look-see" and form your own decision!

http://www.nufletch.com/

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

I'm like Anthony. I have both and like them both. Lumenocks are a little harder to turn off if you don't carry a tool to do it with. They are a little brighter than NuFletch too. However, I have been removing the light stem from the NuFletch nocks putting the end back in and shooting them to practice with. The weight difference isn't appreciable with my Micro out to forty yards. Kind of leaning to the NuFletch simply because I can practice with them without the lite stick in it. And you can buy new light sticks separate too, Turning them off is easier too. Don't need any special tool. In the field that is another plus for me. You can't however go wrong with either the Lumenock or the NuFletch. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I had a bad experience with my first shot with a Lumenock arrow.Bought the Burt Coyote arrows with the nock already installed.First shot resulted in a semi dry fire.The arrow split in half but stayed as one piece.Apparently when I loaded my arrow,the cock vane did not sit completely flush with the rail allowing the string to slip under the flat nock causing a semi dry fire.I tested the other 2 arrows and found them to also not sit flush with the rail.The vanes were about 1/16 of an inch bigger than a standard vane.I don't know if this was a flaw or if these vanes were standard on all their arrows.I read about other people experiencing the same thing.People were complaining to Lumenock asking for their money back and some asking for money to repair their bows.I think Lumenock stated this was an isolated batch of arrows.I gave my 2 remaining arrows to my buddy and told him to make sure his arrows' vane was completely flat on the rail and make sure his string was center to the nock.