Captain Morgan Shootin

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Captain Morgan Shootin

Post by vixenmaster »

Lets say i had to put one of my Varizones on him. I couldn't see well enuff wid the 1x Hawke scope. I used the Factory quills, its on at 20 yds. Its also on at 40 yds. Capt. Morgan is not as flat shootin as Marie is, i had to lower the speed ring abit. I used 100gr field pts that made arrows weigh in at 350.8gr.The rope cockin i did it several times standin up, it were raisin hob wid me back. So i jus sat down & let my leg rope cock him. The screw that has C2 pawl lever is several thousands too long n catches the stock, that maybe the big thing thats makes ppl. think it won't fit down on the stock correctly. Jus my 1st time review of the Micro Nitemare. Its a keeper n i'll wager its gonna give many a tick toter a dirt nap! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Re: Captain Morgan Shootin

Post by bubba »

So Captain Morgan is a knuckle popper? Is harder to draw than your 355? With the shorter stroke and all? Have fun....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:So Captain Morgan is a knuckle popper? Is harder to draw than your 355? With the shorter stroke and all? Have fun....
Yup he is harder to cock than my 355, almost equal to the 405 fer me. Havin plenty of fun, :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Anoder happy Micro owner I see,,, CONGRATS Vixenmaster, I am quite sure you will put more than a few of them tick totter down with the captain,,, I think mine is a lot easier (well noticeably easier) cocking than my 380's, But I think they will have a better cocking aid for the micro real soon for those that want it!! enjoy Mike!!

I gotta get the "Lil Bitch" back together and join the fun, but right now my buddy with the auto shop is waiting on the sound deadening foam they inject, not spray, in all crevices of the new car's so we can fill the barrel before assembly, help me sneak up on them old "tick toters"... :wink: like to find some Titanium limb and riser bolts locally before that also,,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

That's why Cap'n Morgan favored the cutlass, it was short, more maneuverable and lethal up close! :lol: Congrat's Mr.Mke! :wink:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't have anymore time to shoot n play around wid arrows n pt weights. Be leavin here in a few days fer the Mo. Gatherin. Maybe i can take jus abit of time over there to get things set better on my arrow weight.
Half Bubble Off BD360

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wildcatter wrote:Anoder happy Micro owner I see,,, CONGRATS Vixenmaster, I am quite sure you will put more than a few of them tick totter down with the captain,,, I think mine is a lot easier (well noticeably easier) cocking than my 380's, But I think they will have a better cocking aid for the micro real soon for those that want it!! enjoy Mike!!

I gotta get the "Lil Bitch" back together and join the fun, but right now my buddy with the auto shop is waiting on the sound deadening foam they inject, not spray, in all crevices of the new car's so we can fill the barrel before assembly, help me sneak up on them old "tick toters"... :wink: like to find some Titanium limb and riser bolts locally before that also,,,,
...iffen and when you put in the Titanium limb and riser bolts...would you mind posting sizes for those of us who want to put our 335 on a diet....Bada Bing 8) could stand to lose a few...too much pasta, if you know what I mean :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

Excuse me for hijacking Mikey's thread but ti64.com has all the Titanium fasteners available to put your Excal on a diet.
All my Excalibur's have Titanium hardware from ti64:
-Limb to Riser
-Riser to mainframe
-Stirrup screws
Next- (4) limb strap screws.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Normous wrote:Excuse me for hijacking Mikey's thread but ti64.com has all the Titanium fasteners available to put your Excal on a diet.
-Limb to Riser
-Riser to mainframe
-Stirrup screws

...can you provide the length and sizes of said Low-Carb (titanium fasteners) so those of us not so mechanically inclinded know what to order?...Also, is there any difference in length and sizes between the 380 and the 335?....Bada Bing 8) was fighting me already as he wanted a second helping of pasta and fresh homemade italian sauce and we said, "NO! :cry:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Normous wrote:Excuse me for hijacking Mikey's thread but ti64.com has all the Titanium fasteners available to put your Excal on a diet.
-Limb to Riser
-Riser to mainframe
-Stirrup screws
Its all good, cause i am thinkin of puttin both of mine on a light diet
Half Bubble Off BD360

Normous

Post by Normous »

Hardware sizes:
Riser to mainframe 5/16 - 18 x 1.75"
Micro Riser to mainframe 3/8 - 16 x 1.75"
Limb to riser 5/16-18 x 1.5"
Recoil plate screws 10-32 x 1"
Stirrup 1/4-20 x .75"

EDIT: The riser to mainframe and limb to riser screws are called Countersunk head screws.
Last edited by Normous on Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Mike you got me with the title... a few years ago we took a gaggle of our daughter's friends with us on spring break at the beach, one of the guys toted a half gallon of Captain Morgan with him everywhere, by the end of the week he had it knocked out :lol:
Glad you're having fun with the Micro, you're getting quite a collection now, if you only shoot one deer with each bow you'll tag out :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Kegbelly wrote:Mike you got me with the title... a few years ago we took a gaggle of our daughter's friends with us on spring break at the beach, one of the guys toted a half gallon of Captain Morgan with him everywhere, by the end of the week he had it knocked out :lol:
Glad you're having fun with the Micro, you're getting quite a collection now, if you only shoot one deer with each bow you'll tag out :lol:
I do enjoy a nice snort or 2 of the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. I polished off my last bottle last week, so its time to pick-up anudder. You knowed its right nice shootin this Micro, spect i can shoot about 50 times usin my leg to rope cock him
Half Bubble Off BD360

StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Normous wrote:Hardware sizes:
Stirrup 1/4-20 x .75"

The riser to mainframe and limb to riser screws are called Button head screws.
Normous, I just shot you a PM
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Normous wrote:Hardware sizes:
Stirrup 1/4-20 x .75"

The riser to mainframe and limb to riser screws are called Button head screws.
The riser-mainframe and limb-riser bolts are actually called "countersunk socket screws" on the Ti64 site. The button head screws are for the stirrup-riser.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits