Bull Head strikes again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Bull Head strikes again

Post by W.Miguire »

It was a long wait for the 4th season in Wisc. for turkeys but it finally got here .set the blinds up a week ahead , put up 3 in different spots. the trouble with that is you don't know what one to sit in first. well I pick the one in the swamp field . sat there the first morning and called in a big Tom , he came into a decoy I put together as a wounded bird . messed up the mount so that's what I did it works better than a mounted Tom or Hen. they see the downed bird and do they come in running. the trouble with it is the don't stay still for a head shot that you need for the Magnus Bull Head. well I got a shot and I and missed . how can a fellow miss a 10 yarder so that afternoon I got to looking around at the blind and saw a cut in the side. yah. I hit the blind. kinda like a dry fire. well the next day was another story . I watched a Tom for about 4 hours first he was with one Hen and then they came from all over not a chance when they get with the Ladies . went back in the afternoon and he came back out with only one Hen. I can do this I said, here he comes, he came in on a string wait ----wait , he was checking out the decoy and stepped out from behind the decoy and twang, the arrow was off and so was his head what a rush . let me tell you those Bull Heads work like a charm. 10 1/2 " beard 1 1/4 " spurs and 21# and one happy 355 owner :D :D :D
onebigskittle

Re: Bull Head strikes again

Post by onebigskittle »

Congrats on the Turkey, I have hit the side of the blind to and I still need to redeem myself. Hats off for not giving up
bubba

Post by bubba »

Congrats!! On the bird and a good story to boot......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Nice job.

My hunt #2 will be this Saturday morning and will bring along the micro and magnus bullhead.....

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

good luck to you on #2
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congratulations Bill! What a great story and what a great bird! That's what I call exciting. Well done sir! As they say at Atom Broadheads, "If you want them dead, laup off their head!" :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

congrats on the turkey!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's ! 10 1/2 beard , 1 1/4 spurs ! wow !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Big D

Post by Big D »

Congrats on that monster bird! The bullhead strikes again. I did not have any luck to use my bullheads; however, my 7 yr. old daughter shot a Jake this year with a 100 grain bullhead on April 25th. that made my season. Like you it took the head completely off. After losing birds and only killing a few with body shots. I am hooked on the bullheads after watching that bird drop. Did you use the smaller 100grain head?

Big D
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Nice bird,,,,Congrats!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
munch

Post by munch »

nice going bill. i have a start on the decoy you described for me
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Big D , yes I used the 100 , could not get the 125 to fly good.so I went with the 100 shoots good for me .
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Hi Terry if you mess up the mount make a wounded one out of it. you can't mess it up . you can buy a head already done from a taxidermy supply house. the wounded one works the best . you can pull off the tom from the hens . not an easy shot with the bow but with the 870 , watch out . call me if you need any help.
W.M.